Gartcairn 2023/24

48 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You'll need to explain...

Cairn are doing work on toilet blocks and a food cube, whatever one of them is, so have got portaloos in short term.

You know how folks like to moan about cages so couldn't resist a wee wind up. I know totally out of character for me.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

4 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Cairn are doing work on toilet blocks and a food cube, whatever one of them is, so have got portaloos in short term.

You know how folks like to moan about cages so couldn't resist a wee wind up. I know totally out of character for me.

download.jpeg.jpg

Talk about daylight robbery!!! Gutted to have lost a 96th minute goal although it was a belter to be fair. More than matched Hurlford last night and should have been ahead before the stinger 96th minute goal. 
defo need to look at clubs with no floodlights being asked to play midweek. We agreed to bring the game forward to a 7.15 kick off but it was pitch black going into the last 5 minutes of the game.

Hurlford a great set up and strong team and we appreciate the hospitality etc

On 30/07/2023 at 22:08, Josuke Higashikata said:

Gartcairn will not be out of place in the Premier Division. They have a tough team with plenty of experience.

Largs deserved the point, but it could have went differently.

Sat was another tough test and to be honest a point was a good result although like last night we could have been a couple up before losing a goal in the last 5 mins. Good thing is we can compete with 2 top teams in Largs Thistle and Hurlford Utd

IMG_5046.jpeg

IMG_5045.jpeg

On 28/07/2023 at 22:10, Cairn Cheerleader said:

There are just under 200 seats so the capacity is nearer 500 at the moment.

this will rise to around 750 in the not to distant future. 

no need for the snack van in a few weeks due to the new food cube etc 

Is there the option to buy food and drink currently?

On 02/08/2023 at 03:39, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Talk about daylight robbery!!! Gutted to have lost a 96th minute goal although it was a belter to be fair. More than matched Hurlford last night and should have been ahead before the stinger 96th minute goal. 
defo need to look at clubs with no floodlights being asked to play midweek. We agreed to bring the game forward to a 7.15 kick off but it was pitch black going into the last 5 minutes of the game.

Hurlford a great set up and strong team and we appreciate the hospitality etc

I thought the same when Kilwinning played at Hurlford at the end of last season - I could hardly see the opposite touchline for the last ten minutes. 

46 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Nonsense. It's semi pro football.

Highland League, even in the pre-pyramid days, made floodlights a requirement. I don't think it should prevent entry, but something that clubs have to apply for a waiver for so they know it's something to work towards.