Gartcairn 2023/24

6 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Another question.

I am a short person.

The last time I was at your ground there was quite a decent crowd (numerically speaking) so I couldn't see a fucking thing.

Have you built me a terrace yet ?

And what we have here children is an example of:

'How to stab someone without them knowing it.'

Sharp, very sharp. 😉😉

6 hours ago, PossilYM said:

300 at a squeeze.

Do they have they guys you see on the Japanese? trains who push passengers in so they can close the doors.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Unfortunately 😞

I know I can be annoying about the cages; they are part of the league's now. So the objective now is to improve them for players and spectators alike. Aside from the facilities or rather lack of. A major issue I have had over the years with them is the wide variance of pitch quality. You can really feel the effect on your body after playing on a poor quality surface.

I know a number disagree and it's not perfect; the Synergy is one of the better cages I have visited for spectators.

For balance there are enough traditional grass grounds that could do with at least some tlc.

17 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Aye, the Bonnyton one has turned out OK.

Most annoying thing for me is disabled area behind the cage, which probably upset me more than it should have.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

If you're being honest, most things do.

Hey I'm a happy chappie, most of the time. 

Never thought that other thread would explode like it did mate.

I was just trying to give a bit of insight into where W&B are going into the tie.

3 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Hey I'm a happy chappie, most of the time. 

Never thought that other thread would explode like it did mate.

I was just trying to give a bit of insight into where W&B are going into the tie.

Haha. Don't worry about it pal. It was just a carry on.

On 26/07/2023 at 09:11, HorseyGhirl said:

Do they have they guys you see on the Japanese? trains who push passengers in so they can close the doors.

Think that only ever happens on the very busiest lines in Tokyo but can confirm that it definitely does having been shoved in like that. Don't think my fellow passengers were too impressed about having a six foot three Scotsman with a kerryoot joining them but most Japanese people are too polite to complain about something like that. Fun part is avoiding getting shoved out the door again by the tide of humanity at the next station.

Edited by LongTimeLurker