Sack Race 2023/24

Sack Race 2023/24  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Docherty will not be the first to go, regardless of results. We give managers a decent chance, whether warranted or not, to get things right. Between the Edinburgh clubs for me and I'm going to plump for Hearts as I just can't see that going well. 

15 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Just learned who McAvoy was there. Didn't Hearts announce Naismith already as their boss? WTF is going on?

I think Naismith was announced as 'Technical director' as he didn't have the right badges. This guy McAvoy is head coach. It all leads to confusion as to who the f**k is actually calling the shots. 

5 hours ago, Ric said:

It's got to be one of the Edinburgh clubs right? Whether it's a reshuffle at Hearts once Naismith finally gets some credentials, or Johnson not having a good start and the fans piling onto him, I'm not sure, but looking at every other manager and barring some catastrophic start to the season and/or some crazy public comments, I think every manager in position has not only earned their tilt at this season, but has done enough to give them a bit of a honeymoon period.

Reveal hidden contents

Expecting a meme in the spoiler? Nah, it's just my 'stream of consciousness' thinking on the matter:

Neither OF will go quickly, Beale still has the "I'm rebuilding claim" while Rodgers is just in the door. Robson forced his way into the job and shown he's more than capable, Robinson despite some questionable recruitment had his club the highest they've been in generations, Martindale is ironically one of the least sackable (yet equally, for reasons, one of the least likely to be recruited by another club), Kettlewell has shown he can take a basket case mid season and solve most (?) of it's problems, McInnes had a big uptick in the last months, saving his club and it looks like he's been backed in the transfer market this time round, McLean is just in the door and while you would look at them as a rookie manager as being the most likely, after the length of time his club supported Davidson they aren't throwing McLean out early, McKay, despite every one hating that he is a racist p***k, he's done the job that was needed and Roy won't pull the trigger for a few months yet, regardless of results, Docherty is no mug and is just in the door, but even a bad start to the season will be generally greeted OK by the Dundee fans, especially so if United keep floundering. Anyone left? Not sure..

..so, yeah, one of the Edinburgh clubs for me.

Big Malcolm the facist might attract a few votes now that you've reminded us that media duties is a significant part of the modern day manager's remit...

OIP.jpg.1666cb2f210fa3fb6825073bf8a616d7.jpg

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Everybody knows who is calling the shots. Hearts are using a loophole until Naismith gets his badges.

Yes and silly Uefa wont know about this masterplan con to save a few ££. 

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Everybody knows who is calling the shots. Hearts are using a loophole until Naismith gets his badges.

Bollocks. Watch all the finger pointing when it goes wrong. I bet there will be people shirking responsibility then.

11 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You genuinely believe Naismith isn't in charge?

That's not what I'm saying. Are we saying that if Hearts eventually want to make a change they sack McAvoy and bring in a new head coach? Do they sack Naismith and bring in another technical manager? Do they sack Naismith and McAvoy and bring in a manager? 

My point is that this whole set up brings confusion from the start and can lead to too many people sharing responsibility. In reality it doesn't make sense for Naismith to be in a role like this when he doesn't have the qualifications.

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

That's not what I'm saying. Are we saying that if Hearts eventually want to make a change they sack McAvoy and bring in a new head coach? Do they sack Naismith and bring in another technical manager? Do they sack Naismith and McAvoy and bring in a manager? 

My point is that this whole set up brings confusion from the start and can lead to too many people sharing responsibility. In reality it doesn't make sense for Naismith to be in a role like this when he doesn't have the qualifications.

They simply announce that with immediate effect Naismith has taken over as head coach and McAvoy has become his assistant. 

I genuinely can't see 1) why people are not seeing this and 2) what is confusing about it all.

The only reason he isn't in the role right now is because of his lack of qualifications which is stupidly set out by the people in charge. They're using a loophole to put him in charge in all but title.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They simply announce that with immediate effect Naismith has taken over as head coach and McAvoy has become his assistant. 

I genuinely can't see 1) why people are not seeing this and 2) what is confusing about it all.

The only reason he isn't in the role right now is because of his lack of qualifications which is stupidly set out by the people in charge. They're using a loophole to put him in charge in all but title.

...I understand the loophole and what Hearts are doing. 

I am merely pointing out that it is fucking stupid that they are not appointing someone with the correct qualifications in the first place.

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

I am merely pointing out that it is fucking stupid that they are not appointing someone with the correct qualifications in the first place.

Agreed. He must have had a great run last season whilst there...

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

McLean.

Fewer than 8 games into the league season he'll be ta ta.

He was given a 3yr deal a few months ago and we've history for sticking by managers even through bad runs. Theres going to be a lot of leeway due to the shitstorm he inherited too.

Im sure Lomas went about 12 games without a win and still kept his job.

Surprised Johnson's getting much of a mention in this. He plays decent football and last season was generally fairly enjoyable with a couple of shit blips. 

So far I'd say the signings seem sensible and we could possibly be seeing a couple of the good loan players from last season returning.

I think it's more perception than reality that Hibs sack managers frequently. We gave Jack Ross the bullet and Maloney soon after, and it appeared like the same fate might await Johnson but it didn't and he's still here and doing well. Prior to that you'd have to look at Heckingbottom for being another manager given relatively short shrift with those appointed either side of him given decent time.

I reckon it's more likely Johnson gets a job down south than gets sacked by us, that's my bold take. 

As for who goes first, Jim Goodwin's in the Championship and the Hearts situation is a fairly obvious ruse. Sneaking suspicion it might be Robinson. Not necessarily his fault as the squad are being sold off from under him but that creates tension in itself. I don't think it'd necessarily be a fair sacking, albeit I don't really know a huge amount about St Mirren's current situation, but it's my gut feeling. 

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

...I understand the loophole and what Hearts are doing. 

Why? If the board genuinely think Naismith is the best person to take us forward,  why should they ignore him and appoint someone else just because they've done a course?

He wasn't even eligible to apply for the pro licence til this season. He might end up being a shite appointment, but if they think it's the right one they are correct to put him in charge.

I don't like the setup as it looks silly, but it's obvious to everyone who is actually in charge and it's not going to lead to any confusion whatsoever unless you're looking for reasons to.

As for first sacking, I also think it could be Robinson if they get off to a bad start. Can see him being the kind of guy to get frustrated easily. Plus a lot of the other managers look far pretty secure so hard to call.

Edited by Tony Wonder