Sack Race 2023/24

Sack Race 2023/24  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

I've went for McLean

The situation at Hearts is very simple and is not uncommon for clubs playing in Europe

What the fook d'you want us to do? Let Naismith go to killie or perth?

It's only confusing if you're a complete dumbass

giphy.gif

On 20/07/2023 at 11:05, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Are Hearts skint? Hard to see how they would be, but the lack of signings, weird managerial appointments and nobody really seeming to apply doesn't make sense unless they are.

No, financially Hearts are fine.

The lack of signings isn't unique to Hearts. It seems to be a slow market in a lot of places this summer. But you've also got to take into account that Hearts have a lot of players coming back from being unavailable long-term. Halkett, Baningime, Boyce, Haring, all missed all of or most of the season and we finished fourth without them. Then folk like Kingsley and Rowles missed big chunks of it. Gordon is still to come back, in whatever form that takes.

So, while it looks like a very slow summer, the squad is already stronger than last season without even doing anything. Now we've a couple more bodies in, I think we're not far off what we need. I'd like another striker.

If the season kicked off tomorrow, I think we'd have better depth in general than Aberdeen, for example. Obviously both clubs will do work between now and then, but the point is that this Hearts squad didn't really need loads of bodies in. It needed some, but it mainly needed players back fit.

Edited by VincentGuerin

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Reckon it will be MacLean just after the new American owners take over.

I've often wondered how long it would take Americans to look at St Johnstone due to location. Seen a thing where they're apparently buying and developing a part of the shire as their own little playground.

On 19/07/2023 at 19:56, Girth said:

Bit risky getting an actor in as manager tbf. 

James Mcavoy Eyebrows GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Plenty of fake managers out there 😂😂

On 20/07/2023 at 01:52, Liam899 said:

Docherty is safe. Gary Bowyer aside, we have a track record of backing managers under Nelms and Keys.  

I think Hearts will struggle this season. McLean also doesn’t strike me as management material so I’d also put him in the frame. And Rodgers also at risk. That’s definitely going wrong. 

I really really hope so. Not just because Celtic fans have got insufferable under Grey Jumper Man but it would quite simply be monumentally funny to see David Brendant try and explain his way out of a 4-0 shellacking at Ibrox.

On 20/07/2023 at 09:20, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

You've had 8 managers in that last 10 years - not including caretakers. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hibs, certainly in modern times, are pretty trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers.

One school of thought last winter was that Hibs can't afford to keep sacking managers with such regularity as it will start to put off decent ones. Johnson may still yet last another year. 

On 20/07/2023 at 11:05, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Are Hearts skint? Hard to see how they would be, but the lack of signings, weird managerial appointments and nobody really seeming to apply doesn't make sense unless they are.

No. Decent sized squad, it's needing improvement, not just more of the same level.

22 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

If that's your way of telling us you don't suck cock, I don't believe you

-

Ffs. That's just homophobic shite and is just not funny 

Also, I voted Robson before I'd seen today's insipid performance. I admit it's partially out of spite but equally I could see the incredible run as a flash in the pan.

Edited by Stylish Kid

1 hour ago, Craigie Jambo said:

How is it homophobic? That's a complete assumption

On the assumption that @Hoose Riceis male* (apologies if incorrect!), reference to a sex act performed on another male is being used in a pejorative manner, Implying that there is something negative about homosexual acts, ergo homophobic 🤷

*Obviously if HR is not male then I am clearly in the wrong and retract my statement and apologise