Topic within a thread

Question

9 answers to this question

Dunno if it's the same as what you're asking, but I wanted to remove certain threads I'd replied to from my Activity, as they kept popping up and I really didn't want to go onto them again (that child abuse one in particular, as every time the name of the poor kid it's named after pops up, I remember the details of that crime again and I'm not ashamed to admit that it's fucking triggering).

Nobody seemed to know if such a thing was possible, so I've just been stuck with it. Greenies for anyone who has a solution.

9 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Dunno if it's the same as what you're asking, but I wanted to remove certain threads I'd replied to from my Activity, as they kept popping up and I really didn't want to go onto them again (that child abuse one in particular, as every time the name of the poor kid it's named after pops up, I remember the details of that crime again and I'm not ashamed to admit that it's fucking triggering).

Nobody seemed to know if such a thing was possible, so I've just been stuck with it. Greenies for anyone who has a solution.

You could maybe try deleting any replies you've made in the thread? But that would mean you looking at that particular thread so not a good thing. Maybe a Mod/Div has the ability to delete replies or block you from specific threads? 

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

You could maybe try deleting any replies you've made in the thread? But that would mean you looking at that particular thread so not a good thing. Maybe a Mod/Div has the ability to delete replies or block you from specific threads? 

Aye, I thought about that, but I can't really be arsed with searching through threads to delete posts, only to find out that it hasn't made a difference anyway  :lol:

I've always been a bit surprised that the ability to hide threads isn't part of the forum software, considering you can (thankfully) block users.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Apologies for quoting you before seeing you were out…deleting.

No worries mate I left because it was becoming a point scoring exercise between idiot's.

From the start my point was about my son who plays in Div 3 and the emotional and mental well being of all will have to come into contact with this individual who is incapable of seeing what he and his cohort did was and is reprehensible and unforgivable.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

No worries mate I left because it was becoming a point scoring exercise between idiot's.

From the start my point was about my son who plays in Div 3 and the emotional and mental well being of all will have to come into contact with this individual who is incapable of seeing what he and his cohort did was and is reprehensible and unforgivable.

Thanks, and yes, it’s still degenerating, and will be locked soon, IMHO.

23 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Can I block myself from seeing an individual topic?

No, you can't I'm afraid.

You could try putting the topic starter on your ignore list but I don't think that will do it either. Worth a go though!

Sorry!

45 minutes ago, Div said:

No, you can't I'm afraid.

You could try putting the topic starter on your ignore list but I don't think that will do it either. Worth a go though!

Sorry!

It's ok now i have calmed down. Cheers