Morton v Ayr - Opening Day 2023/2024

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

The Ayr players all got a Dominos delivered to the ground after the game... I get the feeling that order went from "victory celebration" to "cheer up, lads, it's only the first game" quite quickly.

Morton players get it delivered after every home game as well. Could think of worse things directly after swording championship teams. 

Just watched the Murdoch tackle on one of the Ayr fans' vlogs. At the time I thought it was a shoulder barge but it looked a very poor challenge in the clip.

The two penalty handball shouts in the first half weren't penalties - first looked to be the shoulder and the second, whilst a handball, was outside the box.

Third goal looks great from every angle.

6 hours ago, itzdrk said:

You missed Andy Murdoch.  You guys had the pitchforks out at your club for letting that one happen at the time.  

Letting Andy Murdoch go was one of the first decisions made by the dick that is Ray McKinnon. The support couldn’t believe it, and from what I heard at the time neither could Murdoch.

And from that poor start things went rapidly downhill where McKinnon and Morton were concerned………..

Most of us would still welcome Andy Murdoch back with open arms, even after “that” tackle yesterday.

Ray McKinnon, though? Not so much.    

24 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Letting Andy Murdoch go was one of the first decisions made by the dick that is Ray McKinnon. The support couldn’t believe it, and from what I heard at the time neither could Murdoch.

And from that poor start things went rapidly downhill where McKinnon and Morton were concerned………..

Most of us would still welcome Andy Murdoch back with open arms, even after “that” tackle yesterday.

Ray McKinnon, though? Not so much.    

I'll be in the minority then. After that tackle, Murdoch can f**k off.

Think the tackle is getting overblown a bit having seen it on an Ayr fans Matchday vlog. It's extremely late but it looked more clumsy than malicious to me. He's probably one of the least dirty players on the pitch as well. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Morton fans will surely know that Murdoch isn’t remotely the type of player to try and injure someone, so any of the outrage of that type is nonsense. 

Seems out of character for Murdoch. Never been a dirty player.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean he gets booked most games but he isn’t anything like that kind of player. 

He knew what he was doing don't kid yourself it was synical could easily have been a red.

Doubt he was trying to injure Quitongo but it could certainly have been a red.

Quitongo's injury did eventually force him off and he had his arm in a sling at the end of the game. Not clever.

18 minutes ago, gmfc said:

He knew what he was doing don't kid yourself it was synical could easily have been a red.

Steady on. It was a professional foul Miles from goal. Did it injure or did he intend to injure? No it was a trip. Yellow card but red, not a chance. Quotongo’s retaliation was mad and nearly a deliberate stamp.

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Steady on. It was a professional foul Miles from goal. Did it injure or did he intend to injure? No it was a trip. Yellow card but red, not a chance. Quotongo’s retaliation was mad and nearly a deliberate stamp.

I’ve only now seen it, the over reactions on here about that tackle are utterly hilarious. Exactly as you describe. 

Edited by No_Problemo

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Steady on. He stood over him shouting at him. No chance was it nearly a deliberate stamp. 

It was a bad tackle but that’s about all it is. Whether or not a player gets an injury due to it has no bearing on whether it’s a red or not. 

Murdoch isn’t the type to try and injure someone but he’ll make a cynical tackle like that no bother. It’s a booking and nothing more. 

Fwiw the game had that tone to it as the referee was letting everything go at the start and then lost control of it. 

31 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Late challenge, yes, intentional, no. Both fighting hard for the ball as were most up to that point. Quitongo having a stamp near his head should have been straight red card.

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yes, he did injure - himself and his opponent. It was reckless. He knows the ball has gone and he's thrown a leg out to stop Quitongo. He isn't in control of what he's doing, which is clearly shown in the resulting injury to both players. I don't know why he didn't just try to grab his shirt. 

You don't really see red cards for that, though. He has tried to stop him, not injure him, but it was stupid to throw his leg across him the way he did and it was certainly reckless - pull his shirt or give him a wee shove, by all means, but why use the leg like that? He's probably asking himself the same question, to be fair.

3 hours ago, port-ton said:

Morton players get it delivered after every home game as well. Could think of worse things directly after swording championship teams. 

Can we ask the delivery guy if the Morton players took all the good pizzas ? Can imagine Bullen sharing out some anchovy slices of whatever is left to our lot.