Inverness v QP

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

The worst piece of business we will do all year is not bothering to replace Deas. Going into the start of the season not signing a centre back is scandalous.

Giving Billy Dodds a new contract will be a very close second. 

What is the point in Max Ram?

Either they play him or release him. It just make no sense to me why the last season's back up isn't good enough to replace Deas and then keep him on as back up to whomever has to be moved from another position into the position Ram should be playing now and putting his mark down as Deas replacement. It makes Max Ram a completely pointless member of the squad just making up the numbers and taking a wage for benchwarming. Every player has to stand up and be counted.

Its almost like the club are downgrading standards on purpose.

Some pitiful performances out there today. Minimal composure shown by anyone and the only discernable style of play was hoofing the ball within 2 seconds of receiving it. Dodds and Gardiner shouldn't make it out the car park while still being employees of the club

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

That was way better than I was expecting. Shame about the goal but McKenna was tremendous, bold from Veldman to play him ahead of Ferrie but for 16 his composure was wild.  

Spong looks like the real deal, him and Turner bossed the midfield.

On Inverness, very unimpressive. Longstaff unsurprisingly looking poor.

Maybe this mildly terrifying style of football might actually work.

Good win for the Queen's but the Highland Thistle were pretty poor - I was expecting much more from them but didn't seem to create much. Had a bit of pressure in the refs added time but didn't really build anything from it. McKenna was great in goal and Jack Spong showing a lot of promise. Hepburn played really well today and Paton ran himself ragged.

Good start to the season.

I don't think our defense was that bad. Apart from 2 mistakes leading to the goals. Problem for me, was a very ineffective midfield. Causing the defense to be under a lot more pressure than they should have been. Bray clearly much better than anyone starting in the middle today. And has to start next week.

Lodovica was not worth the wait. Most immobile player I've ever seen.

Queens seem slightly less attractive to me this season but appear to have added a bit of physicality and bite. Still technically gifted though and certainly aren’t finishing anywhere near the bottom. 

I didn’t think there was too much in the match excluding towards the end when it became untidy and rushed from ourselves. That’s to be expected when playing Lewis Hyde and Carson in the middle. I thought we created slightly more good chances while queens played the nicer football. 

I think we lack pace, match winners and flair. A pretty basic, one dimensional team that without additions will huff and puff our way to 8th. Someone like Logan Chalmers is needed.

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I don't think our defense was that bad. Apart from 2 mistakes leading to the goals. Problem for me, was a very ineffective midfield. Causing the defense to be under a lot more pressure than they should have been. Bray clearly much better than anyone starting in the middle today. And has to start next week.

Lodovica was not worth the wait. Most immobile player I've ever seen.

As much as David Carson (27) is enthusiastic, there is sufficient evidence to suggest that he would benefit by gaining the composure required to impose himself in the middle of the park.

Although Queens Park looked more complete and deserved their win, there were enough home chances to imagine a counterfactual outcome.

Also, reported for the promulgation of crimes against consonants.

1 hour ago, NorthStand10 said:

Queens seem slightly less attractive to me this season but appear to have added a bit of physicality and bite. Still technically gifted though and certainly aren’t finishing anywhere near the bottom. 

I didn’t think there was too much in the match excluding towards the end when it became untidy and rushed from ourselves. That’s to be expected when playing Lewis Hyde and Carson in the middle. I thought we created slightly more good chances while queens played the nicer football. 

I think we lack pace, match winners and flair. A pretty basic, one dimensional team that without additions will huff and puff our way to 8th. Someone like Logan Chalmers is needed.

Pretty even on shots but possession very much in QP's favour. That's how it seemed to me at the game as well (apart from the last ten minutes). I thought Thistle were pretty poor today and felt they did not look as composed as they did last season. That said, there is some steel about them as they kept pushing right to the end. 

Good luck down at Ayr next week.

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 20.58.49.png

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Pretty shocking pass (completion) percentage from both sides. 

That's a fair comment.

QP probably deserved to win but that was a struggle to hang on.

McKay was too interested in falling over. Which was good for us.

Quality throughout the QP team today, but there will be harder challenges this year.

5 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Some pitiful performances out there today. Minimal composure shown by anyone and the only discernable style of play was hoofing the ball within 2 seconds of receiving it. Dodds and Gardiner shouldn't make it out the car park while still being employees of the club

Interview post-QP last season where Dodds slammed his players for actually trying to play football rather than just play hoof-ball looking great as ever lads. 

After having the time to reflect on the match, I think it’s fair to say that was a performance which brought an enormous amount of reassurance amongst myself and some of support to suggest in some way that we’ll be no mugs this season. It’s still incredibly early days of course but I was very pleasantly surprised how confident we looked on the ball for around 75 minutes. We passed the ball around the back but there seemed to be a bit more of a realisation to just whack the ball when necessary. We found a great a balance between possession and overall game management. Only criticism would be the Impact of the subs. Healy struggled to keep the ball and Williamson just unfortunately doesn’t look championship ready at this point. Think he needs to get that loan to cove sorted to get the regular game time. It’s clear there’s a fair drop off from the first 11 to the subs

You could pick out almost anyone on their impressive performance but I’ll be giving Jack Spong MOTM. He was so comfortable in possession and got the ball moving all over the pitch. He was available for a pass in any scenario and dealt with the physical aspects of the match with minimal fuss. You can tell he’s been brought up in the Brighton academy, top player.

A massive shout out for Louis Longridge btw. I’ve never been a massive fan of the guy at the best of times but he might of potentially reinvented himself into a very competent full back. Positional sense and energy levels were excellent and was fantastic in possession for the whole game. Even if a new right back is signed for next week, it would be ridiculously harsh to drop Longridge after today. 

I was surprised how poor Inverness were. Billy mckay seemed to just fall at almost anything whilst it’s still utterly wild that Luis Longstaff is signed on a 2 year deal at a legitimate championship football club. He was absolutely hopeless and no surprise he was the first one hooked second half. Davidson had his moments going forward but again looked ropey defensively. Seems to be a massive drop from last season and can’t see that team pushing top 4 without some serious reinforcements