Who's going doon?

58 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Can you kindly remind me how many times Arbroath beat Dunfermline last time you were in The Championship.

What two years ago? Fairly irrelevant. Let’s not forget you lot held on by the skin of a fart last season, Cove and Accies went down hence why I’m making Arbroath favourites to go down. 

Just now, 36-0 Maroon said:

Absolutely love it 

All these dumb stupid idiots saying Arbroath and then looking like clowns when yet again we finish above your tinpot full time club 

You never learn 🤡

🇱🇻⚽🔥

On the precipice of a good greet?

49 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Did McPake not finish second, and then get promoted via the playoffs the last time he was in this league? 

I'm putting it out there, I'd take that IMO. 

They were shite in a shite division and Kilmarnock were worse

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

They were shite in a shite division and Kilmarnock were worse

Every year this division is shite. Apart from in pre-season where it apparently looks competitive. The only guarantee this season (apart from Arbroath going down) is that by Christmas you'll have multiple posters decreeing this the worst championship ever. 

Either way, finishing second and winning the playoffs doesn't equate to you doing bad. 

33 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

On the precipice of a good greet?

I’d say he’s on the precipice of needing sectioned when he’s got the audacity to call any club tinpot when his club is best known for an auld bigot with a funny hat and having a windy ground. 

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say he’s on the precipice of needing sectioned when he’s got the audacity to call any club tinpot when his club is best known for an auld bigot with a funny hat and having a windy ground. 

🤡

I’d pay good money to see Ayr relegated and since they’re already out by the seaside they’ll fit right in.  However, I think it will most likely be Arbroath heading out of the Championship and either QP or Airdrie in the playoffs.   However, feel that we will strengthen in the coming weeks and confident we can finish the season above the bottom 2… just. As The Toun Clock said, we can be a Jeckyl and Hyde team - losing to relegation strugglers and then thumping the league leaders.  We’ll see…. Dunfermline will probably finish just above us.  Best of luck to them - but not this Saturday

very tough to make this call while just about every team will make additions before the end of August.  Best to revisit this in a few weeks 

2 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Absolutely love it 

All these dumb stupid idiots saying Arbroath and then looking like clowns when yet again we finish above your tinpot full time club 

You never learn 🤡

🇱🇻⚽🔥

It’s only predictions petal, don’t take it too seriously x

I think we’ll have enough to stay up, even if it might be stodgy and earn us few style points from opposing fans.

Anyone who watched us last season would know we rarely played great football. We were solid and resilient and the team fought hard throughout.

If we lose that steely edge upon playing at a higher level then we could struggle big time.

I agree that Arbroath are favourites for 10th but actually think Airdrie will surprise people.

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Airdrie still my favourites.  If they can learn to defend then maybe not. 

Learn to defend half our goals last year we’re at the hands of Fc Edinburgh skelping us three times the rest we’re hardly getting skelped minus that one Dunfermline game 

we’ve lost smith who had one of his worst seasons for us and replaced him with oconnor who’s very highly rated at hibs still have Gall and McGill and have added in Todorov can see us scoring a lot of goals this year still have atleast three defenders coming in aswell which will make our backline stronger 

I reckon it will be Arbroath. Been in the Championship long enough time for them to get back down to where they belong. would be nice not having to worry about the dirty hammer throwers trying to injure our players 4 times a year.

Queens Park.  We've all seen these academy kids they've signed before.  Youngsters who haven't actually played much real football, and have been coached by wannabe Guardiolas to play tippy tappy nonsense.  Playing a team full of these players means they will be kicked, tackled and cynically fouled all the way down to league 1.

There also seems to be an element of "Scottish football is shite, so we can beat it with a bunch of no mark kids" arrogance from their management team.  We've all seen that before too.

4 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Learn to defend half our goals last year we’re at the hands of Fc Edinburgh skelping us three times the rest we’re hardly getting skelped minus that one Dunfermline game 

we’ve lost smith who had one of his worst seasons for us and replaced him with oconnor who’s very highly rated at hibs still have Gall and McGill and have added in Todorov can see us scoring a lot of goals this year still have atleast three defenders coming in aswell which will make our backline stronger 

Which 3 defenders are coming in? Radio silence on the signing front for weeks now. Really need solid addictions for the start of the season, not 4 or 5 weeks in like last year. I'm fairly confident we have enough to stay up but not so confident in McCabes transfer policy.