The Lions v The Dons (Sat 5th Aug)

Thee big kick off in the Premiership and its a tough one for the Lions against an Aberdeen team who finished 3rd last season and who have brought in what looks like a fair bit of quality,player wise.

Should be a corker,hopefully DM plays wae "the Bruce" in the no.9 position as he's our best chance of putting the baw in the reds net.

But in all honesty think we're crashing to defeat....1-2 or 1-3 .

Edited by Dav nan Gael

6 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Thee big kick off in the Premiership and its a tough one for the Lions against an Aberdeen team who finished 3rd last season and who have brought in what looks like a fair bit of quality player wise.

Should be a corker,hopefully DM plays wae "the Bruce" in the no.9 position as he's our best chance of putting the baw in the reds net.

But in all honesty think we're crashing to defeat....1-2 or 1-3 .

Never mind anything else, the apostrophe in "Don's" is doing my head in. Please remove.

• Dav nan Gael changed the title to The Lions v The Dons (Sat 5th Aug)

Hi all.

New season. New players. New chants.

FAO Top Reds attending this match, let's just try to get this one going pre-match to give the reds a lift!

Thank you in advance to the Livi tannoy for playing The Smiths' original 3 mins before the teams emerge. 

[Top Reds behind the goal (TRBG)] Terrible football pitch

[Top Reds on touchline (TRoT)] In Livi, it's desolate

[TRBG] When in this charming car

[TRoT] This charming Slobodan

[TRBG] Why dampen Top Reds' expectancy 

[TRoT] When Clarkson runs smooth in his football cleats

[Both ends including Livi fans if they want to] We would lose this match tonight

But now we've got Ester Sokler

Big Slobadan, is gruesome

But if he keeps clean sheets then we don't care

AH!

A jumped up country Duk,

Who feels at home in this place,

We said "return of the king"

We stole your captain - Nicky Devlin

[Livi tannoy then blasts "Lose Yourself" by Eminem as the teams emerge and all four stands bounce in unison]

f**k it I'm onboard :D We've somehow replaced captain Devlin with... eh... captain Devlin? Looks to be an upgrade at least somewhat.

Cost cutting measures taken to an all new level

Edited by ATLIS

Looking forward to this.

I've somehow avoided Almondvale/Spaghettihad/West Lothian Courier since Livingston's top flight return, after memories of several trips there in the early 00s - including the season when these two were 'best of the rest', which constituted Ebbe's best season with us.

Suffice to say we're still in squad/fitness building mode for the challenges ahead - it's not the easiest of league starts we have been dealt ahead of Celtic and then Thursday/Sunday fun kicking in, so important we get the three points - however it's earned.

Gut feeling is we may need to settle for just the one though.

I knew Livingston had a lion as a mascot but I don’t think I’ve ever heard “the lions” as a nickname before. I don’t have a problem with it , just saying.

Home win, single goal scored as our defence introduce themselves to each other. 

I'm looking forward to this, despite thinking we could well get a pumping. My main hope is we catch Aberdeen a bit cold with it being their first competitive game while we've been *checks notes* drawing with Hamilton and scraping a win against Clyde. Also worried about George being suspended, hopefully Hamilton can have a game without cutting my life expectancy in half.

Hamilton

de Lucas  -  Parkes  -  Devlin

Penrice  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Montano

Kelly  -  Nouble

Anderson

Defence worries me a bit, I'm assuming he'll have Obileye in the middle with Devlin and Parkes on his right and left, but Ayo just doesn't fill me with confidence.

2-1 Aberdeen.

Really hope this thread lives up to the standard of the last few Livi v Aberdeen encounters.

It always seems to end with fans of the losing side accusing fans of the winning side of being more angry than they are.

Edited by AJF

12 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Hi all.

New season. New players. New chants.

FAO Top Reds attending this match, let's just try to get this one going pre-match to give the reds a lift!

Thank you in advance to the Livi tannoy for playing The Smiths' original 3 mins before the teams emerge. 

[Top Reds behind the goal (TRBG)] Terrible football pitch

[Top Reds on touchline (TRoT)] In Livi, it's desolate

[TRBG] When in this charming car

[TRoT] This charming Slobodan

[TRBG] Why dampen Top Reds' expectancy 

[TRoT] When Clarkson runs smooth in his football cleats

[Both ends including Livi fans if they want to] We would lose this match tonight

But now we've got Ester Sokler

Big Slobadan, is gruesome

But if he keeps clean sheets then we don't care

AH!

A jumped up country Duk,

Who feels at home in this place,

We said "return of the king"

[Livi tannoy then blasts "Lose Yourself" by Eminem as the teams emerge and all four stands bounce in unison]

Outstanding.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Really hope this thread lives up to the standard of the last few Livi v Aberdeen encounters.

It always seems to end with fans of the losing side accusing fans of the winning side of being more angry than they are.

That was one time and there was no accused about it, it was a fact. 

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That was one time and there was no accused about it, it was a fact. 

I'm just trying to light the touch paper here. Hyperbole will be my main method of doing so.