Another team resigns! Seen today a well known and established team Dunoon AFC have folded.

Beetlejucie

14 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Hearing some troubling news already about 2 teams struggling who may not start next season. If these two, 1 from SPAFL and 1 from GGPL, both top divisions, don't make it we are in serious trouble.

I think we're already in serious trouble while the SAFA sleep walk into oncoming traffic, however, I take your point. Who are the teams, would you care to share?

18 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

The league must be close to folding? There should be special dispensation given to the current teams imo to move leagues outwith the normal window.

How does that work if SPAFA does go down to single figures and makes for a bit of a farcical season coming up. Do, for instance, 7 teams HAVE to play next season or can they move to other leagues?

20 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

I think we're already in serious trouble while the SAFA sleep walk into oncoming traffic, however, I take your point. Who are the teams, would you care to share?

Sorry, I couldn't share as it came from someone with a connection to both leagues and I was told in confidence. All I know is the GGPL team is a surprise but they're trying to attract new players and not even bothering about quality, just numbers to stay alive. The SPAFA is a biggie, would be a huge surprise but are already cancelling pre season fixtures due to lack of players and have had several jumped ship probably due to the expected standard of the league next season. Its a hard one to stop happening and expecting player loyalty when players just want to play at the highest standard possible. I don't think it's unrealistic to say that if they had made the move to another league for this season they wouldn't be in the situation they are now.

4 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Sorry, I couldn't share as it came from someone with a connection to both leagues and I was told in confidence. All I know is the GGPL team is a surprise but they're trying to attract new players and not even bothering about quality, just numbers to stay alive. The SPAFA is a biggie, would be a huge surprise but are already cancelling pre season fixtures due to lack of players and have had several jumped ship probably due to the expected standard of the league next season. Its a hard one to stop happening and expecting player loyalty when players just want to play at the highest standard possible. I don't think it's unrealistic to say that if they had made the move to another league for this season they wouldn't be in the situation they are now.

The SPAFA one must be Castlemilk then? I would previously have guessed Oban or Chryston but not as 'big' as you are suggesting. It won't be Greenock, given they've now set up a lot of new teams, and I don't imagine it'll be Steins, especially if the person who's told you is connected to a GGPL club. Mark Taylor has just joined Arthurlie in the WoS, so I would suggest it'll be Castlemilk, or at least be surprised if it's not.

Regards the GGP club, I know Westerlands have put a big appeal out for players, but their A team in the Caley are very good and unfairly just missed out on promotion, so wouldn't expect it to be them. Total speculation otherwise, but won't be nice regardless.

5 hours ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

How does that work if SPAFA does go down to single figures and makes for a bit of a farcical season coming up. Do, for instance, 7 teams HAVE to play next season or can they move to other leagues?

In the interests of keeping everything afloat for this season and not having two leagues running with single figures, they should be joining with the Stirling league for the coming season, and then the SAFA need to step in to assist. With the SAFA's support/permission, the LEAFA, Caley and GGP, thereafter, should be allowed to accept all of the teams from the S&D and SPAFA for 2025/2026.

20 hours ago, Redondo said:

Castlemilk are now A community club and have changed name away from OBC going by there twitter page.

With relay of the pitch at Barlia Football Centre and the community merging the teams I wont be surprised if Castlemilk tried to make a play for WOS, Would need a little extra work but would already be better than some of the cages in the WOS with the large banking to one side. No spaces atm in WOS but Castlemilk recently had good ams teams in OBC and dynamo before they folded so assume they would be okay in Div 4. 

6 hours ago, auld yin wae knowledge said:

The usual crap and negitivety from crazy feet about The SPAL     15 in the premier:      29 in the under 19's:    10 in the 21's

so very competive divisons next season 

As for the Amalgamation with S&D yes a meeting was held 3 months ago but some clubs within the S&D decided against it 

And Brad Bradley you will find Westerlands will get promoted to the Cally Top division after the drum protested about Dunipace playing a player they shouldn't have.....the question you should be asking is who tipped the Drum off ....now I wonder 

Amateur Football Fan they is no one connected to both Leagues so not sure how you can say that on your post ....yes they is a club struggling like plenty of teams in all leagues as the close season always creates problems but hopefully no one folds in ANY LEAGUE 

15 in the Premier isn't great let's be honest. Re the 19s that's a lot of good work that has gone into it and fair play to you guys for that. Whether that will result in an increase in teams at an ammy level in a couple of years who knows. It's not a guarantee of an increase of standard is all I think. The league from next season is the poorest amateur league in Central Scotland imho. As for saying no one person has connections to GGPL and SPAFA is nonsense. I know the person in question and they 100% have connections to both leagues. As for the teams he is well placed and no axe to grind so not 'mixing' it. No one wants to see teams folding despite what anyone thinks. Re tipping off Drumchapel, that's interesting, spill the gossip beans.

2 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

the whole sunday central afl has folded 

Been coming for years, been losing teams for a while particularly to the GDSFC because as it turns out not many teams from Glasgow want to travel away to the Forth Valley every third Sunday 

Tullibody St Serfs formerly of the Sunday Central AFL have joined the Airdrie & Coatbridge Sunday AFL. Other clubs I'd assume will likely follow in making the same move.

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Inverclyde AFC have announced on twitter they have folded. Another spafa team gone.

Is that spafa down to a total of only 14 teams, 4 weeks before a ball is kicked? Sorry to see a team like Inverclyde go, worrying times, for some leagues more than others.

Ayrshire AFA have added Ardrossan Winton Rovers AFC & Forehill AFC (from Ayr I think) to their ranks. Troon Town AFC have made the switch from the Ayrshire Sunday AFA.