Scotland v England 150th year anniversary match

Souness is a silly old duffer. Astonishing that clown is still getting airtime. Remember when the fans started clapping during the Euros for the players coming on the pitch and he thought it was him 🤣 He should be left well in the embers of football in days if yore.

In terms of praise for England. Who will I be giving praise to? Absolutely fucking nobody. We have to listen to their fan’s and pundit’s arrogance towards us and the rest of football constantly, and I’m expected to roll over like a Sevconian boot-licker when they humped us. They can shove it right up their arse. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Scotland fans should have kept kept quiet. I really don’t get all this sinking to other folk’s levels.

Scotland fans shouldn’t have booed GSTK either nor the England fans singing GSTK and ‘Rule Britannia’ (which was written by a Scot)

Putting aside all political talk, he’s Scotland’s king as well (and I’m not a royalist) and Scotland was very much part of the ‘rule Britannia’ empire.

Not booing these songs would have made the English fans look very stupid for singing them IMO and would actually have wound them up. As it was, they were the ones winding up the Scots.

What a fucking state to get yourself into over some silly songs about an unelected head of state.

Spoiler

"He's Scotland's King as well" 

Fucking hell 

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm more concerned that we have a dip in morale going into the Norway and Georgia games with this defeat behind us and Spain & France up next.

I'm glad at least that Norway are playing Spain in the same window that we are, so hopefully that result will go the way you'd expect and we'll have qualification sealed up even if it's a depressing double loss for us. Whereas if Norway were only playing Cyprus in October then playing Spain and us in November, that would make it very, very queasy for us going into that set of games if we hadn't got anything in October.

Edited by Kevin Finnerty

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

^^^ This was the noticeable thing to me, a defensive high line, with no high press!  

It just allowed Philips and their back 4 to ping through balls when and wherever they liked. If you give good players time & space to prove that they're good players, that's exactly what they'll do. Tactical suicide imo, we clearly can't do that against Spain.

Yeah this, not saying you change this and we win the game but combining a high line with no press is definitely asking for some trouble.  I'm not really sure what the benefits are (there must be or he wouldn't be using it).  

Although it is possible there were supposed to be specific pressing traps and they just weren't occuring.  

Fully aware you can't just run daft chasing for 90 mins but there was too much hanging off, especially the centre backs.  

Hopefully whatever needs to be was learned last night and if so then long term it's a useful night for us.  We'd certainly be reading more of that if it was France last night rather than England.  

I actually thought both Gilmour and McGregor were fine last night, two of our only players - possibly along with Hickey who were generally calm under a huge amount of pressure in that middle area.

They weren’t helped whatsoever by Robertson, McGinn, McTominay and Tierney having poor games and giving the ball away sloppily regularly. 

Agree with others about the high line stuff - Clarke did say he wanted to try a couple of things though. 

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Shown up for what they are, settle down 😂

Aside from France, who they’d give a game, that is probably the best international team on the planet. 

I said last night in my WhatsApp chats that England always cruise through the qualifiers, it’s not really competition for them. At Hampden though when there is no real pressure on them and they want to get it right fucking up the home fans that are booing their national anthem etc etc then they’ll turn up and want to put on a performance.

Which they did and when they do that they are undoubtedly a very good team. 

Like some on here, are you saying they are more than that? Ridiculous

59 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Losing a friendly is not the end of the world. This was nothing more than a commemorative friendly. 

Yes, it wasn't the result or performance that we wanted but oh well.

Yesterday you were suggesting it was a measure of Scotland as a nation and society - which is it?

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Did they not say the same about Kane, Rooney, Owen.....

Think the thing with Bellingham opposed to the three you've mentioned is he isn't a striker. He is grabbing games by the scruff of the neck in midfield and making it his own. Kane is going to reap the benefit of having someone like Bellingham in behind (oo er). 

The lad loves niggling at players as well, which we've previously been really good at, just wasn't on show last night.

McCoist, like all Sevconians, is a bootlicking, parasite-lover. F*ck him, and the horse he rides in on to his punditry jobs. GSTK wasn’t booed loudly enough. A song about an unelected head of state, thief, adulterer, murderer (could go on all day here) should absolutely be booed f*ck out of. 

Edited by DAFC.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What a fucking state to get yourself into over some silly songs about an unelected head of state.

Hide contents

"He's Scotland's King as well" 

Fucking hell 

Standard wind up material from one of P&B finest.

Take a bow @Captain_Sensible

Hoping he is in a bit of form this week for the top of the table clash at Fir Park. 😂 

6 minutes ago, Binos said:

Did they not say the same about Kane, Rooney, Owen.....

They all were match winners through different eras. Think they all broke scoring records for club and international teams at some stage whether age or overall records. 

I wish we had players of their calibre when we were trying to just qualify for tournaments. 

Bellingham is a very special talent.

If you can’t see that then you’re a very blinkered individual. 

44 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

I'll never respect a state that actively promotes a class system thru a non elected head of state,who is a billionaire,while millions can't pay their bills or to a country south of the border that is actively robbing us of every asset we have and have done so to every other country they were ever in.........

Robbing us!! Hahahaha