Injuries

Just now, Alan Twelve said:

McGinn's out as well with a dodgy hamstring. 

Thanks, just assumed it had already been covered.

I don't think Gauld, Taylor, Robertson or Conway are as serious as McGinn, who I've accepted will miss this months games.

Taylor out of the squad too.

Josh Doig could step up from the 21s although that would be a blow to them ahead of their big games.

Jack MacKenzie could also be an option, he’s been really good recently for the Dons.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Taylor out of the squad too.

Josh Doig could step up from the 21s although that would be a blow to them ahead of their big games.

Jack MacKenzie could also be an option, he’s been really good recently for the Dons.

Ralston and McLean could double up as left-back cover for the Croatia game if Clarke is of a mind to take a small gamble before re-evaluating how things stand for the Portugal game in Glasgow.

If the under-21's are beaten by Belgium on Friday night then that could free up Doig for the Senior team. Maybe simpler to just replace Taylor.

The sheer number of defensive injuries at the moment is ludicrous, it's two centre-backs, two left-backs and two right-backs from our usual strongest squad. Three right-backs if you include McCrorie, which I wouldn't really.

On 07/10/2024 at 14:19, craigkillie said:

The sheer number of defensive injuries at the moment is ludicrous, it's two centre-backs, two left-backs and two right-backs from our usual strongest squad. Three right-backs if you include McCrorie, which I wouldn't really.

I didn't realise quite how desperate it was looking until I was on the BBC pick your Scotland team there and my back 4 was Devlin, Porteous, Souttar, Robertson.

I think they all are genuine. Hickey, Hendry, Tierney and Patterson are long-term, McKenna has his last few games for Las Palmas and Taylor was out for Celtic at the weekend. McGinn has a thigh injury and has missed Villa's last few games, and Gunn went off injured at half-time.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think they all are genuine. Hickey, Hendry, Tierney and Patterson are long-term, McKenna has his last few games for Las Palmas and Taylor was out for Celtic at the weekend. McGinn has a thigh injury and has missed Villa's last few games, and Gunn went off injured at half-time.

Ferr enuff.

I think Clarke must have ran over a black cat. Will probably find most of the squad bar Hickey will be fit and ready by the  end of November . And then another 6 starters will be injured again at the beginning of March .