Injuries

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Eh? You said Adams/Dykes standing up top like a traffic cone? Have you already forgotten what you said? 

I've already addressed this.

Did you read the post that I was replying to?

They said that they want a static striker up front. A target man, if you will.

So yeah, the person who I was replying to wants a "traffic cone", in whichever guise, to be up front.

I didn't say that Adams and Dykes are immobile. If you inferred that, you are incorrect.

Do I have to repeat myself a third time?

Edited by SlayerX

4 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

I've already addressed this.

Did you read the post that I was replying to?

They said that they want a static striker up front. A target man, if you will.

So yeah, the person who I was replying to wants a "traffic cone", in whichever guise, to be up front.

I didn't say that Adams and Dykes are immobile. If you inferred that, you are incorrect.

Do I have to repeat myself a third time?

You didn't quote the person you were replying too so quote the person then reply if you're gonna get all angsty about things. Sasij. 

5 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

You didn't quote the person you were replying too so quote the person then reply if you're gonna get all angsty about things. Sasij. 

In this thread you came out with a snarky "Does it matter, he's a traffic cone according to you?"

Completely out of nowhere.

So, which post where you referring to? I didn't mention anything about a traffic cone on this thread.

Look for it. When you do that little thing you'll find that I was replying directly to someone who said that they want a target man playing.

Anyway.

I'm not wasting another second on you.

If you want to continue this debate, take it off the board and shoot me a pm. Instead of spamming this thread.

Namaste.

Anyway. Back to topic. Which is injuries.

I think McTominay is fine. If there was anything to worry about we would've heard it by now.

So glad the season is over!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

In this thread you came out with a snarky "Does it matter, he's a traffic cone according to you?"

Completely out of nowhere.

So, which post where you referring to? I didn't mention anything about a traffic cone on this thread.

Look for it. When you do that little thing you'll find that I was replying directly to someone who said that they want a target man playing.

Anyway.

I'm not wasting another second on you.

If you want to continue this debate, take it off the board and shoot me a pm. Instead of spamming this thread.

Namaste.

It's not a debate, I'm repeating what you've said. If you can't explain yourself properly then that's your own fault. 

Namaste. 

Edited by Butters Scotch

He was replying to me by the way.  I said...

he'd be absolutely useless without someone to play off up there.

That doesn't mean static striker or traffic cone. It means someone who can run the channels and show for the ball.

What a toxic place certain people like to make this. This is just a place for Scotland fans to debate the Scotland football team. It's weird. Does anyone see anyone having a laugh with anyone on here? Nah, it's just all sarcasm and nitpicking and pettiness. 

1 hour ago, allyo said:

What a toxic place certain people like to make this. This is just a place for Scotland fans to debate the Scotland football team. It's weird. Does anyone see anyone having a laugh with anyone on here? Nah, it's just all sarcasm and nitpicking and pettiness. 

Tbf it’s only just got this bad, a certain lapsed poster seems to be doing his best to destroy any pre Euros feelgood factor. I don’t understand it at all.

There is so much good stuff posted on here, including by said poster.

Why spoil it 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, allyo said:

I assume this could be aimed at me...

I love debating the team and yeah there is some 'friendly banter'/disagreements going back and forth between certain posters but it's nothing personal and this forum would be pretty bland if there wasn't a bit of needle. 

However, a certain person who is back from "hiatus" is flooding this forum with wild statements and weird Oscar Wilde quotes, it's all very unhinged. 

FWIW other forums are generally worse than p&b from my experience. 

15 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I assume this could be aimed at me...

I love debating the team and yeah there is some 'friendly banter'/disagreements going back and forth between certain posters but it's nothing personal and this forum would be pretty bland if there wasn't a bit of needle. 

However, a certain person who is back from "hiatus" is flooding this forum with wild statements and weird Oscar Wilde quotes, it's all very unhinged. 

FWIW other forums are generally worse than p&b from my experience. 

SlayerX is an alias of numbers (if it wasn't blatantly obvious)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, allyo said:

For me the issue is the Steve Clarke fanatics who try to stop any kind of conversation about football. 

I'd rather read someone give their opinion on how we should or shouldn't play. Or who we should or shouldn't cap. Wether I agree or disagree at least their contributing.

Mostly that's shut down with endless quotes, facts and the inevitable. Your not a football manager.

Like I disagree with most of what @SlayerXis saying. But at least he's putting what he thinks on the page.

Edited by Bing.McCrosby

I just think that if you have a bunch of mates in the pub, they'll often disagree but they don't have all this snarky one-upmanship. There's no need for it.

Having said that, I totally agree that there are worse forums. It's a social media problem; communicating with people you don't know from behind a screen and the lack of respect that seems to follow. It's sad.

Anyway, love you all. Keep it nice.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, allyo said:

I just think that if you have a bunch of mates in the pub, they'll often disagree but they don't have all this snarky one-upmanship. There's no need for it.

Having said that, I totally agree that there are worse forums. It's a social media problem; communicating with people you don't know from behind a screen and the lack of respect that seems to follow. It's sad.

Anyway, love you all. Keep it nice.

I agree with a lot of your post but you can choose your mates and you generally wouldn't hang out with arseholes. You haven't really got much of a choice on here apart from putting posters on ignore but where is the fun in that?

I'd rather have different viewpoints even if I don't agree with it but if someone wants to put forward ridiculous nonsense (we all know who they are) then they'll be getting told to bolt. 

Edited by Butters Scotch

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bing.McCrosby said:

For me the issue is the Steve Clarke fanatics who try to stop any kind of conversation about football. 

I'd rather read someone give their opinion on how we should or shouldn't play. Or who we should or shouldn't cap. Wether I agree or disagree at least their contributing.

Mostly that's shut down with endless quotes, facts and the inevitable. Your not a football manager.

Like I disagree with most of what @SlayerXis saying. But at least he's putting what he thinks on the page.

Thank you.

And I agree.

A reply to one of first posts here, after a long hiatus, I was accused of being a glue sniffer by that Butters guy.

I asked him twice to PM me if he has a beef with me. Alas, he's declined. He'd rather do his hard case act in front of his audience.

My crime? Saying that Scotland can win Euro 24.

That isn't the kind of place this should be.

Everyones opinion should be respected. If you dont agree with it? Cool. We dont have to agree with everyone.

There's a blatant lack of respect with some people.

I'm not here to engage in arguments. I'm too busy for that kinda nonsense.

We are all Scotland fans. For a fellow Scotland fan to insult another, by using an insult that is mostly used by our friends from south of the border, it's unforgivable.

Personally. I took a swing at you yesterday, and I apologise for it. I shouldn't have.

Edited by SlayerX

12 hours ago, allyo said:

Agreed.

29 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Thank you.

And I agree.

A reply to one of first posts here, after a long hiatus, I was accused of being a glue sniffer by that Butters guy.

I asked him twice to PM me if he has a beef with me. Alas, he's declined. He'd rather do his hard case act in front of his audience.

My crime? Saying that Scotland can win Euro 24.

That isn't the kind of place this should be.

Everyones opinion should be respected. If you dont agree with it? Cool. We dont have to agree with everyone.

There's a blatant lack of respect with some people.

We are all Scotland fans. For a fellow Scotland fan to insult another, by using an insult that is mostly used by our friends from south of the border, it's unforgivable.

Personally. I took a swing at you yesterday, and I apologise for it. I shouldn't have.

I don't have any beef and there is no need for me to message you privately. I'm replying to your posts on a public forum, isn't that part of the reason why you're on here?

Respect has to be earned my friend.

You "expect" Scotland to win, you never said you think Scotland can win. Do you say these things to your mates in real life too?

The whole glue sniffing thing was a bit of banter, you'll need a thicker skin to get by on here or any other social media platform for that matter.