Injuries

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I thought Tierney was an abductor and likely to still be ok? I wasn't aware of any issue with Robertson?

The big one is the McTominay one which looked worrying at the time but wasn't even mentioned on Match of the Day with nobody discussing it or asking Ten Haag post match. More detail on that in the coming days presumably but he'd be a massive loss to the team if ruled out obviously.

Isn’t abductor injury not modern speak for a groin injury?  Those can linger for absolutely ages. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Isn’t abductor injury not modern speak for a groin injury?  Those can linger for absolutely ages. 

I read 'abductor' last week. I note papers are now calling it a groin injury. 

I dont think anyone's actually put a recovery time on him to be fair. I'm perhaps wrong to assume he'll be ok. Its just really based on nobody making much fuss about it currently whereas all the talk since the weekend has been of McTominay's knee.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I read 'abductor' last week. I note papers are now calling it a groin injury. 

I dont think anyone's actually put a recovery time on him to be fair. I'm perhaps wrong to assume he'll be ok. Its just really based on nobody making much fuss about it currently whereas all the talk since the weekend has been of McTominay's knee.

Yeah.  I think they’re synonymous.  Either way though, I’d think Cooper must have one of the back up centre back positions, being left footed.  

2 hours ago, MarkoP said:

If that’s true about Scott McTominay , and there’s no reason to believe it’s not, we’re one crucial first teamer  away from all expectations being seriously downgraded.

Given that one of those is Kieran Tierney who’s built like a chocolate teapot I’m not overly optimistic 

Jeezo

You're using 'chocolate teapot' in the wrong simile.

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

The highs and lows of being a fan. There wasn't ever a story here, but look at the effect that's been had. Crazy. 

There's a lot of this karma farming about. Put out a story, true or not just to get likes and so on. Amazed people still get taken in by it. It plays on people's emotions though so that's probably why, maybe one or two enjoy the emotional rollercoaster.

What you talking about, most folk with a brain cell  were getting anxious due to the way McTominay reacted when he went down injured, nothing to do with some clickbait article. 

48 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Ross Stewart is back for Southampton in full training and Russell Martin says he is expected to be in the squad this weekend.

Too late I feel to get the nodnfor Euros squad even if he was to bag a couple goals in remaining games

You never know.

It's hard to say where he was in terms of the Scotland setup as he got injured after he'd broken into the squad. He hadn't established himself in any real way, but had been capped and got some minutes here and there in Jun-22. He's been out for a long time. if he's 100% then it's possible, but probably unlikely given he's been injured essentially for the majority of the 2 years since.

1 hour ago, Elgin Macca said:

I celebrated McTominay's Instagram post last night like one of his goals! Phew!

Same. He's such a key pler.

It’s all about squad depth, isn’t it? If our lot continue dropping like flies - a groin here, a spasm there- then Plan B must be invoked. Why not bamboozle the Germans with…Kelly, Ralston, Cooper, Souttar, Hyam, Taylor, Jack, Patterson, McLean, Forrest, Brown. On second thoughts…

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Ffs

Screenshot_20240504-135703.png

Didn’t seem to be much in it at the time, which their manager has pretty much confirmed after the game. Felt tight and taken off as a precaution with the playoffs in mind.

Edited by Londonwell