Injuries

More often than not, I'd be fine with Adams or even Shankland coming in - and Adams might have started all three games anyway - but Dykes is the guy who you'd want defending from the front against Germany. 

If Clarke's true to his word then Conway will probably be the replacement called up. 

Just now, accies1874 said:

More often than not, I'd be fine with Adams or even Shankland coming in - and Adams might have started all three games anyway - but Dykes is the guy who you'd want defending from the front against Germany. 

If Clarke's true to his word then Conway will probably be the replacement called up. 

Yeah.  I don’t know anything about Conway, but really it’s him or… Simon Murray maybe?  I can’t think of many alternatives.   

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah.  I don’t know anything about Conway, but really it’s him or… Simon Murray maybe?  I can’t think of many alternatives.   

I think Shankland starts all 3 games 

He's the most rounded forward of them all anyway

Massive improvement in his game this year

*judging on seeing him on telly 😎 and only twice in the flesh

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He will be replaced if he's injured, we can't go with two strikers.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah this. We're not going with just two forwards + an uncapped teenage winger who hasn't played for 6 months. If it's serious enough to keep him out then we'll call up Conway or Nisbet or at a stretch, Ryan Hardie or Ross Stewart. All of those would be ahead of Simon Murray!

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There seems to be chat Dykes was walking around ok after it so hopefully the stretcher was a precaution.

He's certainly gone for an xray whether it was on a stretcher or not.

4 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

I think Shankland starts all 3 games 

He's the most rounded forward of them all anyway

Massive improvement in his game this year

*judging on seeing him on telly 😎 and only twice in the flesh

*Most rounded forehead* maybe aye.

Adams is a better all around player IMO and been playing at a lot higher level over the years, it's just a shame his work ethic isn't backed up by goals though 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

*Most rounded forehead* maybe aye.

Adams is a better all around player IMO and been playing at a lot higher level over the years, it's just a shame his work ethic isn't backed up by goals though 

Aye, that minor detail 😎

Always thought that head was more 50p shaped

Edited by MarkoP

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Streets of Raith said:

The disrespect to Adams is unreal here.

Really, he’s a good player, just been a bit off form recently and can’t play the hold up role aswell as Dykes or Adams

Maybe not worded correctly wrt Dykes, doesn’t barge into as many people and worry them is what I’m getting at 

I much prefer technical football and would play Adam’s ahead of Dykes most games

Our forward options are limited but I honestly think Shankland currently is the best of the 3,

lucky for you guys I don’t pick the team

Edited by MarkoP

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's certainly gone for an xray whether it was on a stretcher or not.

I never said he hadn't. But if he's walking about freely it's not exactly a bad sign is it?

Will be shite if Dykes is out injured. But biggest problem is who do we replace him with?

Nisbett just back from 4 months out.

Stewart played 4 games this season due to injuries.

Add to that Doak has not played in 6 months and is a wnger.

Hardie and Conway have never been tried at Full International level as Clarke is very reluctant to call new players up and test them. The recent game against Northern Ireland was a chance to do just that but once again it was the same players.

Only player really left is McBurnie and thats worrying.

5 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Will be shite if Dykes is out injured. But biggest problem is who do we replace him with?

Nisbett just back from 4 months out.

Stewart played 4 games this season due to injuries.

Add to that Doak has not played in 6 months and is a wnger.

Hardie and Conway have never been tried at Full International level as Clarke is very reluctant to call new players up and test them. The recent game against Northern Ireland was a chance to do just that but once again it was the same players.

Only player really left is McBurnie and thats worrying.

He pretty much said the 21s are his reverses.