Alloa v Stirling

This is going to be exceptionally difficult. Alloa will be a level above the cup game. Especially tough if Hilson is still out. I’d take a point now if offered it. We’re very tough to beat in general so can see this one being 2-2. 

Hopefully we can get some of the 4 injured back in.Last weekend we had Hilson,McGregor,McGeachie and Josh Cooper out with Injuries.At least 2 of those guys returning would be helpful.

Our defence is still coping well though and Alloa are looking a bit dodgy there still,so Im hopeful of a result.

8 hours ago, BTFD said:

It's been so long that the young team have almost stopped singing about you guys during games against other sides  :(

It's now the young team's kids who are the young team.

Must admit to feeling pretty confident of getting something, I don't think we have anything to fear and that was proven in the League Cup match. I'm sure Alloa will doubly fired up after that result and will be out for revenge, however we're a good team and in our 5 games so far this season (all be it I wasn't at the Alloa game) I haven't seen us under any kind of pressure that I felt we couldn't deal with.

9 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Hopefully we can get some of the 4 injured back in.Last weekend we had Hilson,McGregor,McGeachie and Josh Cooper out with Injuries.At least 2 of those guys returning would be helpful.

I'm not sure about McGregor's injury, I'm guessing if he is ok then he'll come back in alongside Pabs, however Darren Young said in an interview that McGeachie has hurt his toe and would probably be out for 4-6 weeks, they would have to see...or words to that affect. The rumours going about on Saturday, that I heard, was that Hilson is looking at a few weeks out and probably wouldn't be back before the Kelty game however I have no idea where these have come from and who knows what is happening with Josh Cooper, however, he wouldn't be a starter anyway. Certainly could be doing with the boost in numbers with them being available. Darren Young has also spoke about definitely getting 1, but maybe 2, players in on loan so I'm expecting something to happen in the next few weeks, probably waiting on players coming in higher up the food chain.

It will be interesting to see if we take the same numbers through to Alloa as we did to Stenny over the years. I think if we do that, there will be a real sense of occasion with the match and hopefully as good an atmosphere as can be generated.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

It will be interesting to see if we take the same numbers through to Alloa as we did to Stenny over the years. I think if we do that, there will be a real sense of occasion with the match and hopefully as good an atmosphere as can be generated.

I don’t think we will hit Stenny numbers. There’s been a lot of fans not show up at Alloa for our previous 2 cup meetings in recent seasons, amidst accusations of unfair pricing and the perception that the stadium isn’t the best. I think that mindset will still keep about 100 away. Hope I’m wrong. 

21 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I don’t think we will hit Stenny numbers. There’s been a lot of fans not show up at Alloa for our previous 2 cup meetings in recent seasons, amidst accusations of unfair pricing and the perception that the stadium isn’t the best. I think that mindset will still keep about 100 away. Hope I’m wrong. 

No argument about the pricing, we're used to hearing that every season, but who on Earth is boycotting the Recs for being shite while happily going along to Ochilview?  :huh:

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

No argument about the pricing, we're used to hearing that every season, but who on Earth is boycotting the Recs for being shite while happily going along to Ochilview?  :huh:

I think it's just "football fans in being idiots" shocker.

I'm not even sure the pricing for a league game is out of order. What do Stirling charge?

3 minutes ago, printer said:

I'm not even sure the pricing for a league game is out of order. What do Stirling charge?

Our prices have been stagnant for many years too. Taking into consideration years of inflation it's really much cheaper than 3 or 4 years ago when the ousted chairman and co were giving it big licks about not taking any of the complimentary tickets they were entitled to.

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

tbf you get a proper covered concrete terrace at Ochilview.

At Alloa it's uncovered and there are about 6 concrete kerbs which are set in some compacted mud/ dirt with very little gradient. You also can't really see the bottom of the goal or the byline as the advertising boarding doesn't follow the curve of the first step.

It's hardly a boycottable offence though and I'd still rather be on any kind of terrace than in a seated stand. And Stirling's terracing is also uncovered. 

28 minutes ago, printer said:

Historically, I think the argument from fans was a number of years ago there was about a 5-6 pound difference on an adult ticket, compared to what we were paying, plus the concession rate was also higher. Also then, they were seen as meaningless or glorified pre-season friendlies. This this, it was simply that most clubs were charging £12 for League Cup matches and you stuck to the £18.

To answer the point though, maybe with you price stagnation, we have caught up as I’m sure this year, our walk up prices are £18 Adults, £8 for 13-17 year olds and Free for 12 and under.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Historically, I think the argument from fans was a number of years ago there was about a 5-6 pound difference on an adult ticket, compared to what we were paying, plus the concession rate was also higher. Also then, they were seen as meaningless or glorified pre-season friendlies. This this, it was simply that most clubs were charging £12 for League Cup matches and you stuck to the £18.

To answer the point though, maybe with you price stagnation, we have caught up as I’m sure this year, our walk up prices are £18 Adults, £8 for 13-17 year olds and Free for 12 and under.

So basically nothing of relevance to the current situation and any argument Alloa are currently pricey.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

Pies for a start. My last visit to wrecks, not via cup, I wondered why beef flavoured drinks were being left on the perimeter barrier. On tasting mine I found out. Somebody had burnt the water.