Alloa v Stirling

Passive as anything today. Don't think Stirling are good but they're workmanlike. Closed the passing lanes threw themselves into the 1v1's and generally got the better of the chances as a result.

They sat deep and with no space behind just mopped up any long balls into Sammon and Rodden and we were way too one-dimensional. Pass marks for Deveney who came in and got some crosses in to threaten a little but a game to forget.

23 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

The poor quality comment was based 100% on the 90 minutes today, three shots on target between the two teams is poor. 

Poor game - and it was today - does not necessarily equal poor teams. 

9 minutes ago, Rory said:

Thought Cannon looked OK. By that time we were just punting every ball up high but he done ok winning a couple of headers. He chased down the ball well, showed a bit of effort and desire that most of our team were lacking today. 

About the only positive from today is that LD and Taggs got some minutes into their legs and McKay is suspended next week.

I don't disagree Cannon looked okay, but IMO would be better bringing him on a game we are winning than today. I would have preferred to have tried Donnelly and either Rodden or Sammon 

It is just one of many baffling decisions from Rice, both today and last season.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I don’t think Alloa were really that bad, you reminded me of Edinburgh City last week, you’re well organised and difficult to play against, but on today’s performance you really didn’t have much, certainly nothing in the final third and a severe lack of any kind of creative spark. I honestly thought you would have been better under Rice and would force yourself into a Play Off spot, but not on today’s showing. There was one well organised team out there who were hard to play against and making the most of what they had. It wasn't Alloa. We were absolutely terrible. 

Can't agree with you on that particular point BB Bino. We consistently play players out of position, change shape and personnel, don't have established partnerships in key areas and never look like a coherent, flowing team, despite having some very good creative players for this level. There was one well organised team out there who were hard to play against and making the most of what they had. It wasn't Alloa.

33 minutes ago, Raving On said:

Poor game - and it was today - does not necessarily equal poor teams. 

I am not suggesting you are a poor team, won your League Cup Group, beat us twice and scored 4 goals away to a Premier Division team.

My comment was based on the lack of quality on display today not your performances this season.

7 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

I am not suggesting you are a poor team, won your League Cup Group, beat us twice and scored 4 goals away to a Premier Division team.

My comment was based on the lack of quality on display today not your performances this season.

That's exactly what you said though.

Stirling weren't poor today either, they were well organised, defended well, moved the ball about neatly (knew where their team mates were) and were lively up front.

Calling them "poor" sounds like sour grapes.

7 minutes ago, printer said:

That's exactly what you said though.

Stirling weren't poor today either, they were well organised, defended well, moved the ball about neatly (knew where their team mates were) and were lively up front.

Calling them "poor" sounds like sour grapes.

No I said in the whole game, 90 minutes, not this season or overall. 

Thought both teams were poor quality wise today but Stirling had a much better shape than us and looked far more up for it, which is down to the manager.

15 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

Sounds like another smash and grab by Stirling. 

It was by no means a smash and grab Dumb yatt. Yes, there was little in the way of chances created but we were worthy of the win and deserved the 3 points.

This is the worst Alloa team easily since we were relegated in 2011 under Alan Maitland . It took 79 mins today before we had a shot on target . I really don't know where we go from here and the summer signings look well short  of what is required.

Stirling hardly worked out keeper much either but well worth the points as they had a much better shape about them and wanted it more . 

Just hope there are two poorer teams than us 

I know some will think I've got no right to comment on this year's team,as I gave up going to watch Alloa this year,despite being a fan of over fifty years.However,Alloa's demise did not just start this year,it has been ongoing for a while now.Brian Rice,it would seem has not,and will not change.In my opinion,and it is only my opinion,we got to last season's play off's,despite Rice,not because of him.It was a very poor league last season,and we really could not string a decent run together.I would suggest,given what I hear from people who still attend games,we will be around the foot of the table come the end of the season if this is what this team can produce.As I say I may not have the right to comment,but it's still a concerning state of affairs.It would also appear that we can't get anyone to loan us players,the season is up and running,and for the first time in years we have no plans already in place.I suppose other part time teams are the same,or are they at our level.Worrying.

Edited by Alloa 68

Awful game yesterday but delighted with the 3 points of course. 

Well, that's my summary of the game, because little else to say about it. The day out was better, lots of drink consumed before and after, good day had by all. 

And we're above Lolkirk in the league. I know it won't last, but I have the table imprinted on my brain. 

5 wins in a row!