Livingston vs Ayr - 19/8/23 - League Cup Last 16

GuyIncognito

Very unlikely but I think there's a chance we could sneak a win here. Would like to see Rose and maybe McGeady start. Think we should line up with:

Albinson

McAllister Stanger McGinty Reading

Dempsey Pendlebury Smith

Amartey Rose McGeady

Also a question for Livi fans, what stand will we be in on the day? Trying to buy tickets and it says the options are West Stand and East Stand, but doesn't specify where away fans are. Have been here twice before and both times I think that both Livi and Ayr fans were in the Main Stand then but it was a good few years ago and it might have changed since then.

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Very unlikely but I think there's a chance we could sneak a win here. Would like to see Rose and maybe McGeady start. Think we should line up with:

Albinson

McAllister Stanger McGinty Reading

Dempsey Pendlebury Smith

Amartey Rose McGeady

Also a question for Livi fans, what stand will we be in on the day? Trying to buy tickets and it says the options are West Stand and East Stand, but doesn't specify where away fans are. Have been here twice before and both times I think that both Livi and Ayr fans were in the Main Stand then but it was a good few years ago and it might have changed since then.

Away fans will be in the East stand, opposite us in the West stand (home stand).

Not sure we're favourites here, Accies almost beat us over the 90 mins playing at the TMA, but for Anderson equalising to take it to pens, and Anderson will prob be out injured after getting a head injury against Aberdeen. We've looked decent defensively but apart from the Cove game we haven't looked much of a threat scoring goals. Expecting it to be a tight game, just hope to feck we win it over the 90 mins and it doesn't go to pens, or we're fecked.

Would expect us to line up a bit more attacking than we did in our first 2 league games, prob Guthrie & Nouble up front with St Kelly also starting, though i would prefer us starting with MacKay-Guthrie-St Kelly in a front 3 and dropping Nouble to the bench, Nouble just isn't the player he was in the first half of last season.  

Shamal

de Lucas                    Obileye                         Devlin

Brandon                   Holt                       Sangare                    Montano 

St Kelly                          Guthrie*                           MacKay   

*can't believe i'm now wanting Guthrie over Nouble starting games, anyone saying that to me last season and i'd have told them to fuckoff they're no right in the heid.                     

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

45 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Away fans will be in the East stand, opposite us in the West stand (home stand)

Thanks, but now that I've gone to buy a ticket for the East Stand the only options it gives me are for an over 65 ticket or a student, without any option to buy an adult or an U16 ticket. However for the Main Stand it does give these options. image.png.54370af2994a4737d271c7bd16f3c25b.pngimage.png.85727560b0b233861f58df3340d480b3.png

12 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Thanks, but now that I've gone to buy a ticket for the East Stand the only options it gives me are for an over 65 ticket or a student, without any option to buy an adult or an U16 ticket. However for the Main Stand it does give these options. image.png.54370af2994a4737d271c7bd16f3c25b.pngimage.png.85727560b0b233861f58df3340d480b3.png

Not that it’s very ideal but if you wait a couple days someone will resolve it no doubt, or phoning our reception would most likely get it solved they’re usually pretty helpful. It has to be east stand for away fans this game, our season ticket holders are spread fully throughout the west stand so no room for any segregation in there.

I think I can just about guarantee this won’t be the team, but it should be - though it doesn’t really matter what happens wide left, there aren’t any good options.                      

Albinson 

McAllister    Stanger    Musonda  Reading

Smith    Dempsey

Pendlebury

Amartey                              McKenzie 😬

Rose 

Edited by No_Problemo

On 14/08/2023 at 14:41, Menga Bus said:

Not that it’s very ideal but if you wait a couple days someone will resolve it no doubt, or phoning our reception would most likely get it solved they’re usually pretty helpful. It has to be east stand for away fans this game, our season ticket holders are spread fully throughout the west stand so no room for any segregation in there.

While attempting to buy my ticket I’m sure it said about the ticket being posted out, surely not. Won't it be electronic?

They don’t make it easy

On 14/08/2023 at 18:00, No_Problemo said:

I think I can just about guarantee this won’t be the team, but it should be - though it doesn’t really matter what happens wide left, there aren’t any good options.                      

Albinson 

McAllister    Stanger    Musonda  Reading

Smith    Dempsey

Pendlebury

Amartey                              McKenzie 😬

Rose 

I fully expect Mutch to start on Saturday.  Bullen likes the English method of playing sub keeper in cup fixtures, see McAdams in the Scottish Cup last year.

I reckon we'll be set up well and strongly here. Probably too early for Bruce again with that bad one he took. I've got confidence in the physicality of Nouble and Guthrie here but guys like Mackay and Kelly could probably run riot. 

59 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I reckon we'll be set up well and strongly here. Probably too early for Bruce again with that bad one he took. I've got confidence in the physicality of Nouble and Guthrie here but guys like Mackay and Kelly could probably run riot. 

Yeah would like a big target man like Guthrie in the centre and MacKay & Kelly playing off him, but if Nouble does start i hope he's on the wing with Guthrie still playing centre, and Kelly on the other side. Then bring on MacKay for Nouble around the 65th minute.

Nouble should be running riot against Championship teams, he's done it for Arbroath before coming back to us, and has done it against Premiership sides too, including Sevco, last season, but he's still playing it safe trying not to get injured, because he's wanting a move, so i'd rather not start him.

I'm still pissed off with his performance against Utd in that pre split game that would've got us a top 6 spot, and shot at European football, he just wouldn't take players on and get to the byeline.

Reckon this will be closer than some people think.Suspect home advantage might just swing it the way of the Lions,though I wouldn't be surprised if it goes all the way to pens.Big incentive for both to get through to the quarters.IL go for a narrow home win albeit the gap between us goes out the window for a one off cup tie.Bring it on.🦁🏆.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

f**k pens, if it's a draw after 90 mins we should just have a mass brawl, last man standing wins it for the team. Most of our players are over 6ft 2 and brick shithouses which i think would give us a better chance in a scrap than them taking penalties.

The one time our fanbase would be happy that Teto's work permit was rejected

So is this e-ticket I should buy before I go or do I go to the wee hub bit when I arrive?

And is there plenty of parking nearby?  I haven't been for a while and now my health means I struggle walking with any hills.  I've got a blue badge but usually at football grounds that doesn't mean much (certainly not taking my boy to Tannadice).

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So is this e-ticket I should buy before I go or do I go to the wee hub bit when I arrive?

The issue I had with my tickets earlier in the week has been sorted and I've got them no problem. Think tickets are only available online though so you'll have to do them that way.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

And is there plenty of parking nearby?  I haven't been for a while and now my health means I struggle walking with any hills.  I've got a blue badge but usually at football grounds that doesn't mean much (certainly not taking my boy to Tannadice).

There's plenty of parking at the front of the stadium if you have a blue badge and further down the side for general parking. Speak to the guys in the carpark about where's best for you to park as they are usually pretty helpful

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

The issue I had with my tickets earlier in the week has been sorted and I've got them no problem. Think tickets are only available online though so you'll have to do them that way.

So I can't get a ticket at the wee box bit outside the stadium?

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So I can't get a ticket at the wee box bit outside the stadium?

Someone from the club has mentioned the ticket office will be open from 13:30 but not sure if that's home fans only. Would imagine they'd have no issues selling you a ticket there

Think we’ve been pretty decent. Nouble and Guthrie looking good, Devlin looking incredible yet again. 

Ayr not really offering much, just sitting in and trying to hit us on the counter. Hard to play into a team like that at times