Edinburgh VS Accies

Very early days obviously, but 2 teams at opposite ends of the table. Hoping we can build on this good start further and make it 3 from 3.

Unfortunately won't be able to make it, despite the negative reviews I wanted to see for myself what the redevelopment of Meadowbank is like, especially as I most likely won't be able to attend the later fixture in December either.

Similar to Kelty, I know very little about Edinburgh so can't really gauge how this will go. Looks like they were beaten narrowly in their first 2 games, and gave Queens a bit of scare, so we can't be complacent. 

With Henderson back giving more attacking flexibility i'll be confident and predict a win, 2-1 Accies.

I think Edinburgh and Annan are looking likely to be this year's Clyde and Peterhead still very early on but i think it could be a hard season for Edinburgh there squad is quite poor. They have 3 ex Accies flops in Spence,Macdonald and Stirling. You can just tell Spence and Macdonald will try and have there best games of the season against us. Overall if we want to win the title no disrespect to Edinburgh this is a game we must win these are teams that we need to be taking 12/12 points off. Edinburgh 1-3 Accies.

Similar sentiment to the above, we really need to be winning this one if we're serious about winning the league. 

If we can win the next two it gives us a bit of leeway going into what looks like a tough game away to an in form Stirling. 

If we perform like we did in the second half on Saturday I'm confident we'll win this one comfortably. 

0-2

Not holding up much hope for points here, we’ve not got the greatest record against full time teams but you never know.

I don’t think we’re as bad as predictions have made us out to be.  We only really lost 3 players from the core of the team that spent most of last season in the top half of the table.   I think our poor results in the Cup and start of the League campaign has been mainly down to the late start after the change of ownership at the club.

Hoping that we can at least keep the scoreline tight and maybe get a bit lucky and steal something.

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I think Edinburgh and Annan are looking likely to be this year's Clyde and Peterhead still very early on but i think it could be a hard season for Edinburgh there squad is quite poor. They have 3 ex Accies flops in Spence,Macdonald and Stirling. You can just tell Spence and Macdonald will try and have there best games of the season against us. Overall if we want to win the title no disrespect to Edinburgh this is a game we must win these are teams that we need to be taking 12/12 points off. Edinburgh 1-3 Accies.

Completely missed that Spence went to Edinburgh and forgot about Stirling.

Any Edinburgh fans, how have these guys been for you? 

Edited by Laid-back Accie

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Only £11 a ticket which makes our £20 look even more ridiculous. 

Confess I've never been to the revamped Meadowbank Stadium but from posts by fans of several clubs who have been there it seems that it is a terrible facility to watch football at. I think the £11 charge reflects that view,  and might still be overpriced. 

1 hour ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Completely missed that Spence went to Edinburgh and forgot about Stirling.

Any Edinburgh fans, how have these guys been for you? 

Stirling’s been ok but has been out injured a lot.  Spence only just came in before the first league game and has impressed in both starts so far.

48 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah I didn't realise Spence went there either. I actually quite liked him towards the end of the 21/22 season when we were in the 5-2-1-2 but he had at most three or four good games across two seasons.

He contributed nothing apart from 1 goal in 2 seasons against Morton. Was constantly terrible and attitude was rotten should of been punted after what he did at Dundee. Good that we've got him off the wage bill now though as well as Lawson who was also shocking last season. guys like Kyle Macdonald,Tait and Barjonas who've came in so far in the midfield are all miles better. We need guys that will fight for us and give 100% and have a bit of quality Spence had none of that.

4 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

Stirling’s been ok but has been out injured a lot.  Spence only just came in before the first league game and has impressed in both starts so far.

Thing with Stirling compared to Macdonald and Spence. Even though Stirling wasn't anywhere near good enough for the premiership or championship he at least tried and gave 100% so I respect Stirling for that. 

This will be a very surreal experience for me today - although I’ve lived in Edinburgh since 2006 I’m originally from Hamilton and I was an Accies fan for 50 odd years - I was in the away end at Easter Road when Accies beat Hibs in the playoff but when Colin McGowan took over as chief executive he destroyed the club and I went that’s enough so I switched to City - seeing Accies today hoping they get beat will feel weird but City need a boost after a crappy second half v Queens - Accies will be favourites so we have nothing to fear - one other thing an Accies fan on Twitter has sent me pics of something at New Douglas Park called Juraccies Park - is that a fucking wind up ?????

Juraccies Park is one of the many Mcgowan follies that adds to the mickey mouse look of NDP and further proof that he should not own a football stadium.

Vanity project, total waste of money and never used. Good for away fans to point and laugh at though.

19 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Just had a bunch of Accies ultras wearing ski masks trying to cause trouble at the McDonalds across the road from the stadium - police were here in minutes and they ran off shiting themselves lol 

Sorry, what? 😂

1 minute ago, jacobsladder said:

1-0 Accies half time - much closer game than I thought it was going to be - we fell for a sucker of a free kick - wall jumped up - Accies kicked ball under it and it trickled into the net 

Sounds like we'll need to get that 2nd goal like we did against Kelty.

Hopefully make the same subs as last week, and we kill them off before it gets too hairy.

5 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

This will be a very surreal experience for me today - although I’ve lived in Edinburgh since 2006 I’m originally from Hamilton and I was an Accies fan for 50 odd years - I was in the away end at Easter Road when Accies beat Hibs in the playoff but when Colin McGowan took over as chief executive he destroyed the club and I went that’s enough so I switched to City - seeing Accies today hoping they get beat will feel weird but City need a boost after a crappy second half v Queens - Accies will be favourites so we have nothing to fear - one other thing an Accies fan on Twitter has sent me pics of something at New Douglas Park called Juraccies Park - is that a fucking wind up ?????

It's a shame that after supporting a club for so long, people can come along and spoil it.

It's not surprising though, as we've definitely had a good number of fans disappear over the last decade or so, and highlights the negative effect McGowan and certain other people have had.