The Sons v The Loons 19/8/23

21 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

21mph with gusts of 36 according to the Met Office. Should make for a cracking spectacle...

At least the rain is supposed to be gone by kick off.

No doubt we'll still attempt to launch high balls up the pitch, prove me wrong please Faz. 😀

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Great - Sean Crighton and Andy Munro can compete to clatter the traffic lights at Dumbuck.

:lol: In true League Two fashion, the game will be decided by who can launch a ball furthest from their own goal.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

:lol: In true League Two fashion, the game will be decided by who can launch a ball furthest from their own goal.

Perhaps our first Goalscorer in the league won't be Inglis, Thommo or Paterson but rather McCallum or Munro will do it with a 60 yard punt 😄

15 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Perhaps our first Goalscorer in the league won't be Inglis, Thommo or Paterson but rather McCallum or Munro will do it with a 60 yard punt 😄

Does Bobby Mann play for you? Still get flashbacks to that occasionally.

19 minutes ago, microdave said:

Bobby Mann scored from his own half the same season that David Beckham did it, but no multimillion sponsorship deals for poor Bobby. Difference was, Bobby rifled his in, ball was still rising when it hit the net.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Bobby Mann scored from his own half the same season that David Beckham did it, but no multimillion sponsorship deals for poor Bobby. Difference was, Bobby rifled his in, ball was still rising when it hit the net.

What a strike that was. Genuinely one of the best goals I've seen in the flesh.

Is that a change of shape I sense for us, our are we playing one of Carlo/Finlay wide? 

I don't hate that team. Although I'm not sure I'd have started Div Wilson after his showing last week.

First time in a long time that we've had a busy bench and are playing a side who are right down on numbers too. That makes a nice change.

0-1.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Is that a change of shape I sense for us, our are we playing one of Carlo/Finlay wide? 

I don't hate that team. Although I'm not sure I'd have started Div Wilson after his showing last week.

First time in a long time that we've had a busy bench and are playing a side who are right down on numbers too. That makes a nice change.

0-1.

Good to see Lynas starting & Carlo further up the park.