The Sons v The Loons 19/8/23

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Poor Gio Marron can't keep up with his homemade graphics on the Facebook page.

:lol:

I'm going to go early and say Blair Malcolm might be our hardest player since Kevin Nicol. Really came on and gave the game a good battering there. Exactly what it needed.

Superb second-half. And fair play to Faz. He changed it at half-time and it was night and day.

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed such a contrasting performance from the same team in the same game. We were tremendous in that 2nd half. The switch to the 352 just seemed to ignite some sort of demon inside of us and we went on a rampage. Beating the champions elect 3-1 after performing like a team of dugs for half the game? Lovely jubbly!

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed such a contrasting performance from the same team in the same game. We were tremendous in that 2nd half. The switch to the 352 just seemed to ignite some sort of demon inside of us and we went on a rampage. Beating the champions elect 3-1 after performing like a team of dugs for half the game? Lovely jubbly!

Nah no chance we win this league.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

"Champions elect" after 3 matches I think that is now near impossible for the Loons.

1 minute ago, ScottishLoon said:

Nah no chance we win this league.

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

"Champions elect" 😄

I'd take ninth.

Just now, Bridie Vision said:

"Champions elect" after 3 matches I think that is now near impossible for the Loons.

Jeez oh! Quite the change of mood from the Athies boys since the end of the world famous League Cup campaign!

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jeez oh! Quite the change of mood from the Athies boys since the end of the world famous League Cup campaign!

I totally agree, since St Mirren we seem to be a completely opposite team. I still think we've got a cracking defence (even though we conceded 3 goals with 5 CBs on the pitch) but very limp up top.

Edited by Bridie Vision
Grammar

Your classic "game of two halves". Fair play to Farrell, he changed the system at half time from 4231 to 352 (which I can't remember us using under him) and it was exactly what was needed. The subs were perfect too, with Malcolm dominating the defensive midfield, Jinky Hilton chasing lost causes up front and MacLean giving the Forfar defence a torrid time at centre forward. First half Forfar were compact and would repeatedly hit on the counter attack either down their left or through the centre and Dumbarton couldn't live with it and Forfar could have had 4 rather than 1. Second half it was a different dynamic entirely and Dumbarton could have scored 6 in the 2nd 45 minutes. Good win.