Stenhousemuir -vs- Dumbarton (Saturday 26 August 2023)

Just now, squeezebox-son said:

Oooft! Perhaps Faz was right after all regarding giving someone a doing..? I assume the formation is similar to last weeks 2nd half for anyone there?

More of the same 2nd half please.

Believe it or not, for large parts of that 1st half I thought we looked really uncomfortable and Stenny have had plenty of chances. They have turned in a total abomination of a defensive performance and we look extremely dangerous every time we go forward. 

I have been supporting Dumbarton far too long to be getting overly comfortable until there is nae doubt the game is done 🤣

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Believe it or not, for large parts of that 1st half I thought we looked really uncomfortable and Stenny have had plenty of chances. They have turned in a total abomination of a defensive performance and we look extremely dangerous every time we go forward. 

I have been supporting Dumbarton far too long to be getting overly comfortable until there is nae doubt the game is done 🤣

Interesting. Totally agree though. I'd like to think that was game over but we've all been following Dumbarton long enough to know it ain't over, until it's over 🤣

I don’t know if there’s ever a time you can feel safe watching Dumbarton. If it’s still 4, with 5 mins left, that’ll probably do.

Possibly got slightly lucky they didn’t get a pen at 1-0, though, I think if there was contact it was outside the box, and that their goal at 3-0 was ruled out.

Stenny haven't been able to take advantage of the half chances they've created. At the other end of the park we've been lethal. Small margins, but overall we've done well.

Hilton and McLean are moving well and swapping positions. Stenny can't cope with their movement. The balls into the corners too - we were so good down our right side in that half. Couple of the goals down to hard graft chasing the ball.

Thought Buchanan was unlucky to get a yellow and we got away with one (was it McLean?). Overall we've good for our lead. The movement in midfield and up front is causing no end of problems for the home side.

Very comfortable for us in the end up and it’s safe to say the Stenny fans claiming they got the better of the swap regarding the centre backs may be rethinking that. I thought big Bucky turned in one of his trademark rotters that we saw all too often in a Sons shirt.

The only real negatives for me today were conceding 2 and the daft red Carlo, which I’m not surprised about given that pernickity fud of a ref dished out 9 yellows and a red in a game that barely had a bad tackle in it. The standard of referee in League 2 these days is absolute rock bottom.

Carlo was unplayable today.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Very comfortable for us in the end up and it’s safe to say the Stenny fans claiming they got the better of the swap regarding the centre backs may be rethinking that. I thought big Bucky turned in one of his trademark rotters that we saw all too often in a Sons shirt.

The only real negatives for me today were conceding 2 and the daft red Carlo, which I’m not surprised about given that pernickity fud of a ref dished out 9 yellows and a red in a game that barely had a bad tackle in it. The standard of referee in League 2 these days is absolute rock bottom.

Carlo was unplayable today.

7 red cards so far across the league. Seems he’s not the only pernickety fud of a ref we’ll have to deal with this season.

Whilst the ref was a pernickety fud, Carlo only has himself to blame for the second yellow imo. The pernickety fud had booked a player every other time someone touched the ball after he'd blown his whistle. Including Brett trying to nutmeg some Stenny player right by the post, which was the harshest of the lot.

That game should've been about 7-4 in all honesty. We looked superb going forward, and Stenny posed a threat all game. Ross Taylor especially. They just turned in one of the single worst defensive performances in the first-half that I had ever seen. Gregor Buchanan was probably due a stinker, and he delivered, Nicky Jamieson was absolutely all over the place. Kinlay Bilham looked like a lost lamb and even Ross Meechan was chasing shadows.

Fair play to Faz for the first-half. He said we went with Jinky and MacLean up top because we thought their movement would drag Jamieson and Buchanan to places they didn't want to go. And that's exactly what happened.

MacLean in particular was sensational. He deserved a hat-trick for his first-half showing.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Whilst the ref was a pernickety fud, Carlo only has himself to blame for the second yellow imo. The pernickety fud had booked a player every other time someone touched the ball after he'd blown his whistle. Including Brett trying to nutmeg some Stenny player right by the post, which was the harshest of the lot.

That game should've been about 7-4 in all honesty. We looked superb going forward, and Stenny posed a threat all game. Ross Taylor especially. They just turned in one of the single worst defensive performances in the first-half that I had ever seen. Gregor Buchanan was probably due a stinker, and he delivered, Nicky Jamieson was absolutely all over the place. Kinlay Bilham looked like a lost lamb and even Ross Meechan was chasing shadows.

Fair play to Faz for the first-half. He said we went with Jinky and MacLean up top because we thought their movement would drag Jamieson and Buchanan to places they didn't want to go. And that's exactly what happened.

MacLean in particular was sensational. He deserved a hat-trick for his first-half showing.

Great result no doubt.Any news on Lynas ' injury?If hes missing along with carlo how might we line up next week?