Martindale using the pressers Sangare and Pittman at attacking mid rather than the ball player Stephen Kelly has been a tactical masterstroke these last two league matches. Not bringing in Anderson until the second half has worked perfectly too.

30 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Eh,we won.Or have I missed something here.Livi fans,cannea whack it.😂😂😂.

What if Johnson get's fired because of today's result and is then replaced by a managerial masterclass who takes Hibs into the top 3 and leaves teams like Livi in the dirt?

I mean, that's obviously not going to happen. But would today feel like such a win if it did?

Finding it hard to get around this tbh.Hibs ,what 15k season tickets sold.Livi at best possible 1500k.Imagine if West Lothian actually awoke.Alas no will never happen.20 years ago we had well over 5500 season ticket holders. Unfortunately most gone now.But the diehards are still here,and doing well.Its hard,but Livi till I die.

Johnson's league record against teams with 11 men: P30, W6, D5, L19. That's relegation form.

Johnson's league record against teams with 9 or 10 men: P11, W9, D2, L0. That's league winning form.

Pretty clear that Hibs just have to get back to doing what they do best (having more players than the other team).

Regardless of Hibs’ current travails, that’s an excellent result. Sangare’s winner was a fucking ripper. 

Don’t think even the most ardent supporter would’ve had us to pick up more than a point from these opening three games, so be on four (with a relatively decent display at Ibrox chucked in there) is a great start. 

11 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Worth watching the ending. 

Even the opening, "...key defensive weaknesses at key times cost us". Well why was that, Lee?

Anyone who's watched Livi even once knows we have a huge preference for attacking down our left because that's where Nouble is, combining with either Montaño or Penrice (both excellent). So against that, Johnson picked a centre back who struggles at right back and gave him no protection.

1 hour ago, StellarHibee said:

What if Johnson get's fired because of today's result and is then replaced by a managerial masterclass who takes Hibs into the top 3 and leaves teams like Livi in the dirt?

I mean, that's obviously not going to happen. But would today feel like such a win if it did?

Glue?

Not long back from Edinburgh, great away day, and what a win. Nouble was fantastic on the wing, best i've seen him in a long time, carried on from the Ayr game with his passing with through balls, setting Penrice on his way and the ball to Sangare for our 3rd. Should've had a goal or two himself too, just needed to lift the ball. Keeps playing like that and he'll get his move for sure. What a hit by Sangare too. Brucie coming on and putting us back in the lead straight after Hibs equalised was tremendous, what a difference from the away games i went to last season when we just couldn't score a goal. Glad i went today, mon the Livi Lions. 

6 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Watching Boyle get clearly shoved off the ball time and time again and accused of diving is top bantz tbf.

Comfortably the biggest diver in the league. Although Doidge's attempt today could have used Boyle's expertise.

Reminds me of these whiny comments he made last season the week after he stood on Tom Parkes foot and won a penalty - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/martin-boyle-no-diver-hibs-22492819

Made bed, can lie in it etc 

10 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Penrice was unbelievable. Cracking performance. 

It was very much a "take the opportunity to keep your place" type of performance. He was unplayable at times. He looks much more confident going forward knowing he's got Devlin covering in behind him this season

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

It was very much a "take the opportunity to keep your place" type of performance. He was unplayable at times. He looks much more confident going forward knowing he's got Devlin covering in behind him this season

That might be harder to do at home, where teams wont be so open for us getting in behind them with balls played like that, but away against Hibs he was fantastic running down into open spaces for Nouble's through balls. Nouble and Montano are excellent at taking players on and making driving runs when it's more compact at the back though, so we've still got options to play differently.

Big difference from last season's poor away form too, moving the ball much quicker, having players running forward off the ball, and Nouble spraying passes onto them. Really could easily have scored 5 yesterday and it wouldn't have flattered us.

Wee Pitts with his trademark run onto a ball across the 6 yard box, twice, forcing Obita into the og (though i'd give it to Pitts), and just a fraction off getting onto a similar Penrice cross later on too.

image.thumb.png.cbc8a9347746e01cfd87aa31f0a2db84.png

BTW that must be the best looking set of results for us in a long time for our start to the season, from Friendlies, to cup games, into our first 3 league matches, only one defeat (although we lost the pen shoot out to Accies in the cup). All those green and grey results look pretty damn good, just the red for a loss at Ibrox spoiling it. Think it's fair to say our new look 3 at the back defence has made a big difference so far.