Stranraer vs Clyde

Neither team were great but, Stranraer had far better chances. Tan Orr should have had us 1 up in the first half.

Walker and Orr missed sitters in the second half. 

Obviously missed those chances because the players know their places and understand Clyde are far superior, apologies for Olly not reading the script.

As a Dumbarton supporter who rated Peter Grant’s time with us last season, even I have to ask, what in the name of was he going for the eventual winner there?!

He ducks out of the way whereas any sort of touch with his head diverts the ball away from the intended path for McDonald.

Must be a sickener, horrible way to lose a game but fair play to Stranraer, they kept going and got their reward.

14 hours ago, SReplay said:

Saw somewhere that we may not be seeing Forbes in a Clyde jersey again. Rumours of a falling out between him and McLean.

Sooner the wage thief goes the better.

Unfortunately will probably still be able to continue steal a wage until the end of the season.

12 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Is there any particular reason why Forbes is so slow/unfit? 

He generally has been like that throughout his whole career.

Was the reason why Motherwell got rid of him at the start of his career as they could never get him premier league standard fit.

Just think it might be how he is genetically made or maybe he isnt the best trainer.

He is good on the ball (thought hasnt shown it with us) but his fitness is now such that he is a liability on the pitch with his lack of fitness more than offsetting any on the ball benefits.

3 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

Just watched the highlight. Jesus suffering f**k, what a goal to give away. Easiest header that Grant could ever have. As others have said, he must have gotten a shout from somewhere.

Even if you do get a shout, he’s a very experienced player, with a header that simple and in the last minute of the game letting it drop behind you is an unnecessary risk. Just head it to f**k like he did with most other balls the rest of the game. 

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

To add to our woes from yesterday, the ‘goal’ we scored was clearly onside.

IMG_3150.png

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's a great angle to judge it on.  Using the lines, it looks like his left leg is possibly ahead of the central defender's.  I know there were a few grumbles about the offside decisions called against Ji Stevenson yesterday, but for me most were correct.

19 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Neither team were great but, Stranraer had far better chances. Tan Orr should have had us 1 up in the first half.

Walker and Orr missed sitters in the second half. 

Obviously missed those chances because the players know their places and understand Clyde are far superior, apologies for Olly not reading the script.

I don't particularly disagree on the first part, neither side were what you would deem great (albeit for us, given how low the bar has been set, that was a decent outing) I would say the draw was by far the fairest result.  I don't remember too many glaring misses from either side (but if you're going for two in the first half, I'd offer up Fraser Malcolm's chance in the second which I felt at the time he should have got on target at least).

Don't see at all where you are seeing any Clyde fan thinking we should have won, apologies if that feels like the case.

Also, I'd also like to add my kudos to Olly for the muted celebrations after the winner.  I know it's a particular bugbear to some that a player who has left one club for another doesn't celebrate scoring against his former club, but I thought it showed a bit of class from him to not attempt to give it the big 'un, indeed I could see him also trying his best to acknowledge the Clyde support

22 hours ago, SReplay said:

Saw somewhere that we may not be seeing Forbes in a Clyde jersey again. Rumours of a falling out between him and McLean.

I had heard it was an injury, but given Forbes most likely signed on because of Duffy, this wouldn't be a huge shock.  I'd be disappointed in a way because he can be a capable player, but the perceived lack of fitness has been a bone of contention from day one.

I think he's probably offside; that image isn't even exactly when Cuddihy is putting the ball through.

That said, the linesman isn't up with play so he is guessing to some extent.

What is more of an issue is the Stranraer player getting away with the two footed lunge moments beforehand. It's as bad a tackle as I've seen in some time. The assistant justified it to McLean by saying he didn't make contact! He didn't, but that doesn't stop it being a yellow or red card.

I thought Dylan Forrest had a great game but could have been sent off twice. The two-footed lunge mentioned above and then he was booked for an apparent stamp. Forrest then picked up the ball and threw it away. If the referee thought it was a stamp, which I think he signalled, then he could have sent him off for that or a yellow for the foul and a yellow for throwing the ball away.

That said, thought Ji Stevenson was a bit fortunate not to get two yellows, which would have been before his 'goal'...