Alloa v Falkirk

Could see MacIver coming back to haunt us. 

Hopefully we'll bounce back from a couple of poor performances and give Falkirk a good game. Hopefully the game being on TV will help the players up their game.

What's the the record for consecutive games a team has given away a penalty? We're at 3 just now, hoping it doesn't go to four!

14 minutes ago, Rory said:

Hopefully we'll bounce back from a couple of poor performances and give Falkirk a good game. Hopefully the game being on TV will help the players up their game.

What's the the record for consecutive games a team has given away a penalty? We're at 3 just now, hoping it doesn't go to four!

The chances of Falkirk getting a penalty two games in a row must be almost zero!

1 hour ago, Rory said:

I'll be happy if it stays at 4 penalties in four games.

Hard to be too optimistic about Alloa given our generally very poor performances in League Cup and league so far. Desperately need some consistency in team selection and key players in their best positions. An improved performance tomorrow would be a step in the right direction, regardless of the final score. 

Funnily enough I was doing some research earlier on and came across this 1923/24 season preview: "It must be the aim of the Bairns to atone for the disappointments of the past, and their target must be the League Championship Flag.... In the past that honour has been literally snatched from the grasp of the Bairns and bitter indeed has been the disappointment thereat. Last season perhaps, was the most distressing failure of all..... Aware of the grouses and grumbles about past performances, the players, I think may be relied upon to push their sleeves right back, and put forward their every effort to redeem themselves in the eyes of a disgruntled and sometimes very outspoken crowd". 

So there we are, the Falkirk players and fans of recent times are clearly just keeping old traditions alive. 

Edited by Waspie

28 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Looking forward to the game today. Train from Larbert and a few beers. Hopefully we see more improvement as every game we have got better. Young team sorted the atmosphere the other night looking forward to them doing the same again. What a breath of fresh air this has been. 

Certainly looking forward to the atmosphere too. Evening game and hopefully a good turn out on both sides.

Vital that Alloa don't give away soft early goals, as we did in the last game at the Indodrill between the two sides. 

As I've said on the Alloa thread, I'd like to see us start with a back four and pack the midfield (bring in Virtanen, play Cawley more centrally with Roberts on the right).

Despite our last two performances and our general form so far this season, I believe we are capable of taking something from the game. 

52 minutes ago, printer said:

Certainly looking forward to the atmosphere too. Evening game and hopefully a good turn out on both sides.

Vital that Alloa don't give away soft early goals, as we did in the last game at the Indodrill between the two sides. 

As I've said on the Alloa thread, I'd like to see us start with a back four and pack the midfield (bring in Virtanen, play Cawley more centrally with Roberts on the right).

Despite our last two performances and our general form so far this season, I believe we are capable of taking something from the game. 

If we play as we did the last half hour at Cove and the first half on Tuesday with respect we will run over the top of you. However we have to turn up and not Let the standards slip. 

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

In 1924 we had the world's most expensive striker up front, so kind of expected big things!

Ironically that record was smashed later in the 20s by an English footballing superstar with very strong Alloa connections. More on this and lots more in the match programme today I believe 😁