Stirling vs Kelty Hearts

Let's hope for a better performance than Tuesday night.

I'm thinking it's still going to be tough going. Two games a week with a thin squad at this time of year is far from ideal.

Weather forecast looking promising for a return to the terrace.....

Hello,

What happened to the young team V Falkirk? When I was parking up there was a fight in the park opposite the stadium but turned out was just FFC fighting themselves. Hope the SA young team come back and support the team like the FFC 'Ultras' did.

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Hello,

What happened to the young team V Falkirk? When I was parking up there was a fight in the park opposite the stadium but turned out was just FFC fighting themselves. Hope the SA young team come back and support the team like the FFC 'Ultras' did.

Two possibilities. Blew all their pocket money on the Aberdeen game and or, not allowed out on a school night.

Kelty have had a bit of a rebuild this term,so I don't really know what to expect of them.

The Binos will be looking to get back into their stride after the losses against Aberdeen and Falkirk recently,although realistically that was always on the cards with those games being weekdays and part time versus fulltime.

If we can field a decent team without any additional injuries then I would hope we can get at least a draw from this match if we are to consolidate in this league.

Edited by MrBeeno

Small crumb of comfort from Tues. Best 45mins by FFC in a long time. The season has barely started, both  sides chasing a win. Hope the terracing is a success. Sadly not for me, with  my dodgy plumbing. Corbett (FB) doesn’t have happy memories playing against Stirling.

Surface was VG. Weather fine. Effort 100%. Game lacked something. Prior to goal I would have given both sides 1/2 point. Another good 20 mins from Cooper.

Recent nightmare has now passed.

Edited by Dumb yatt

Great way to end it but man there were some tense moments 2nd half. How Kelty didn't score in that scramble i will never know.

Blair Currie made a couple of great stops and i lost count of the number of times jojo and Cummins put their bodies on the line (literally at one point).

thought cammy Clark had another fine game today.

It was all a bit flat a lot of the time from both teams. Felt like a few of the games 2nd half of last season where they dug out a win regardless.

That'll teach them for making us change ends. . ..

Was great being back on the terrace

Wow, an uninspiring encounter but it certainly had its moments and although a draw was probably fair, I’m  delighted we managed to bag all 3.

The win was definitely built on the big saves that Currie made, I’ve said it so many times over the years but I can’t think of a Part Time GK that I would jump at taking over him and he showed his worth today.

Outfield wise, we kept our shape, gave bags of effort and worked hard before getting the break that was always going to come at some point. Yes we rode our luck at times, but the diving antics of Johnstone & Biabi up front……get it right up yi, as the Fifers would say.

It’s been said above about Cummings, McGregor & Clark, so without repeating what has been said, would also throw Davidson into the mix, thought he was excellent in the middle of the park and Cooper was so positive when he came on, that is was testament to his hard work when he scored.

Yip, by no means a classic, but another 1-0 win and onto 9 points, I’ll take that any day.

49 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Wow, an uninspiring encounter but it certainly had its moments and although a draw was probably fair, I’m  delighted we managed to bag all 3.

The win was definitely built on the big saves that Currie made, I’ve said it so many times over the years but I can’t think of a Part Time GK that I would jump at taking over him and he showed his worth today.

Outfield wise, we kept our shape, gave bags of effort and worked hard before getting the break that was always going to come at some point. Yes we rode our luck at times, but the diving antics of Johnstone & Biabi up front……get it right up yi, as the Fifers would say.

It’s been said above about Cummings, McGregor & Clark, so without repeating what has been said, would also throw Davidson into the mix, thought he was excellent in the middle of the park and Cooper was so positive when he came on, that is was testament to his hard work when he scored.

Yip, by no means a classic, but another 1-0 win and onto 9 points, I’ll take that any day.

I can top that for uninspiring.  I had a nap after lunch and didn't wake up until the game was well over,   A good 3 points I didn't see.

Davidson definitely deserving of a shout too. Covered so much ground.

Kyle banner also put in a great shift in an unfamilar postion.

Heroic stuff late on. We had a right midfielder playing right back, with a striker at right midfield.

Proud of them all for digging deep and getting a result.

Could've still been playing and not scored 😂😂 , bit of a stalemate game   and could've gone either way but in the end Stirling will be more than happy with the 3 points , we really missed Moore and McKluskey for that wee bit creativity in midfield but we move on 

Mon Kelty