Clyde v Forfar

Better second half, at least in terms of the spectacle. No surprise really that Stevenson was much better when playing off the left (but please, stop going offside) with Cameron also much improved starting off centrally - only way both should be used, imo. The starting midfield trio all ranged from solid to good and the defence was relatively solid despite a few moments each (Lyon aside, who was really quite good today). Encouraging to see that McCulloch is growing into it a wee bit more as the weeks go by.

I fancy we'd have won that with everyone fit and available, really - L. Scullion for Carswell, Leslie for Cameron and Rennie for Malcolm would've made a big difference. The paucity of options up front is obviously a concern and it's far from ideal that we couldn't get someone in before last night but I'd far rather we waited a couple of weeks and brought in someone who is both an improvement to the squad and doesn't require a massive overpayment.

We clearly really need a win but I don't think things are quite as bad as opinion and hitherto results make out. Bonnyrigg topping the table is summative of how tight and poor this division is on the whole and we aren't far off that level at all.

Edited by the_bully_wee

My standards have dropped to the level where I'm reasonably positive about that second half. 

McCulloch is improving by the week and Cameron was great when moved centrally. Plenty of effort from the rest, just that cutting edge missing.

There's definitely a worse team in the league than Clyde, when we get a majority of players fit. Possibly Forfar.

Second half was much better and we probably deserved a win there. I do think that there’s a decent League Two team in there when everyone is back fit - Rennie and Leslie would improve our options going forward compared to what we have just now, but we could still do with more quality up top. Carswell would still be a decent player to have in the squad even with Ray Grant and Liam Scullion back. As others have mentioned, McCulloch is developing well at right back and Ross Lyon was actually quite good at left back. Stevenson and Cameron looked better second half after a tweak to our shape.

Forfar looked pretty rubbish and offered very little. Not that we looked much better but there haven’t been many occasions recently where I’ve come away from a Clyde game thinking the other team looked worse than us.

A break next weekend will probably serve us well. Another couple of weeks to potentially get a few more faces in and it allows some extra recovery time for some the injury list.

Reasonably happy with the second half performance, had we actually had a Rennie or a Leslie I think we could have easily scored 3 in the second half without reply. Forbes was unlucky with the free kick, McCallum absolutely kept Forfar in the match. 

Heard a number of rumours at HT about the incoming attacking midfielder. If true it would really catapult us up the league standings.

Special mention to the Forfar defence who threw themselves to the ground at any given opportunity in the last 20 minutes of the game. Absolutely embarrassing.