Livi v St Mirren

I thought we deserved the point all things considered. We had two really good chances first half from headers that Baccus should have buried and Kiltie brought out a decent save. 

2nd half i thought we were poor for large spells, but to come away with a point shows how far we've come as a team. 

Still unbeaten in the league and top after 4 games- not too shabby. 

Craigan on Open All Mics today touting Robinson for the Hibs job, and constantly pointing out that Livvy have a dry, shite, horrible plastic pitch that sees little football played on it, with the hoofball being the safest and possibly best tactic on such a piss-poor god-awful pile of pish surface.

I paraphrase. 😎

A draw fair after  115 mins of play, but again, an other dreadful game on plastic. 

I pray Saint never goes down the plastic pitch route since i couldn't watch that every 2 weeks. 

Maybe, just maybe the pitch is part of the reason that Livy can't seem to be able to grow their support, even though they have done excellent in the last few seasons. 

Anyway, 4 games in and doing ok.

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Craigan on Open All Mics today touting Robinson for the Hibs job, and constantly pointing out that Livvy have a dry, shite, horrible plastic pitch that sees little football played on it, with the hoofball being the safest and possibly best tactic on such a piss-poor god-awful pile of pish surface.

I paraphrase. 😎

Martindale would be a decent shout if the worst happens.

Not an unfair result but the manner of it is sickening for us. I thought we were the better team but there wasn’t a lot in it and chances were few and far between. Another cracking performance from De Lucas. I really hope we don’t continue to shit the bed this season. Thought we were past that but that equaliser was an all too familiar feeling.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely I don't think he'd take it. He puts a lot of emphasis on having full control of things, it's at best a sideways move.

I don’t either but I would absolutely ask the question, we are set up to give the manager a lot of control and he would have a little bit more to spend……………..anyway best we keep Robbo and Hibs make a comedy appointment 👍🏻

St Mirren started well but seemed to fall away after the delay with Shinnie being injured and taken off on a stretcher, and Sangare coming on. After that we were better and continued into the 2nd half. Game of few clear scoring chances, a lot of bodies making block from both sides, whenever anyone got close to shooting. 

Thought Anderson was well offside when he ran through, and half heartedly celebrated his goal, as wasn't convinced we'd get it once VAR had a look, but it must've been a lot closer than i thought the length of time they took. Looking forward to seeing de Lucas goal on Sportscene, didn't see it coming and took me by surprise when it rifled into the net. Thought we were taking all 3pts but should've known better, the amount of times we threw away pts to late goals last season is still with us, all Brandon had to do was boot it back up the pitch, but he takes it in and loses it, then fouls the St Mirren player, giving them a chance to launch it into our box. Sickener of a finish but looked very likely the game would end up a 0-0 draw, so 1-1 is prob fair.

Would've been ecstatic if we'd managed to hold onto our 1-0 lead though.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

I would find it really difficult watching Martindale's style of football every week. 

Obviously hypothetical, but would be a big no for me.

The football is different every week to be fair, against teams where we think we've got the better quality we bring it down and play some good stuff. He can overthink it but going full Brexitball is required sometimes, take it as a compliment, I'd say to St Mirren

Edited by ATLIS

Just now, ATLIS said:

The football is different every week to be fair, against teams where we think we've got the better quality we bring it down and play some good stuff. He can overthink it but going full Brexitball is required sometimes, take it as a compliment, I'd say, to St Mirren

Fair enough. Today i thought you played to your strengths- you had 4 or 5 players that looked easily over 6ft 4 , so it was no surprise that much of the game was played in the air. At times i thought we struggled with it.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thought Anderson was well offside when he ran through, and half heartedly celebrated his goal, as wasn't convinced we'd get it once VAR had a look, but it must've been a lot closer than i thought the length of time they took.

It was a LOT closer than I thought at the time. Dunne made a major gamble he didn't have to (as hes rapid) and got away with it.

We had a couple of headers in the first half, if Baccus leaves his for Kiltie I reckon he buries it, the other was. Kiltie header that forces the keeper into a really good save.

2nd half Livi were the better team, we didn't get going, too many big players were off it but again that was probably down to Livi. 

We could have just shook hands at 0-0 as I thought that would have been a fair result, instead of the roller coaster of emotions that ensued for both sets of fans.

Anderson looked off from what I seen, even Martindale wasn't fully celebrating as he knew it looked a bit iffy.

A late equaliser to keep the unbeaten run going and go back to the top of the league for 1 night only against a really rough opposition, yeah take it and get back up the M8.