Heart of Midlothian v Motherwell -Sunday 3 September

8 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I’ve just watched the “highlights” and haven’t read every post on this thread so apologies if this has already been said:  Hearts look absolutely shite and Motherwell were lucky to come up against such shite opponents. Reminded me of two one-legged men in an arse kicking contest. Awful stuff. 

Genuinely think the one-two between Slattery and Spittal might be better than any pattern of play in St Mirren history

8 minutes ago, Al B said:

I fully understand the frustrations of you guys as a support, but I feel like the Hearts fans in general are being a touch harsh on their attack. For some reason our players seem to be channeling some sort of "the ball is not getting past me" thing from some where, but if you'd been facing the usual - stand with your hands behind your back then turn your back on the shot - thing that most defenders seem to do these days, a few of your efforts yesterday are going straight in.

No. We were exactly the same against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, and Dundee.

I'm not disputing that Motherwell did well and deserved to win. But it's the same thing in four games against four sides who, let's be honest, aren't braw.

All of our games so far have ended with opposition fans pleased with how their side defended against us. The common denominator is our attack.

Edited by VincentGuerin

16 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Gonna sack the technical director? I dunno why the beaks allowed this to happen anyway.

As well as his two pals, hopefully.

Lots of coaches but not a lot of management going on.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not disputing that Motherwell did well and deserved to win. But it's the same thing in four games against four sides who, let's be honest, aren't braw.

Oh don't get me wrong, my post wasn't meant as a "give us credit - it was our defending that stopped you scoring" type-thing (we're not St Mirren fans), and obviously I can't really comment too much on your games against other sides, I just thought that 3 or 4 of your chances yesterday 99 times out of 100 would be resulting in the keeper picking the ball out the net.

As I say though, fully appreciate there's a huge difference in me watching Hearts for 90 minutes, and you guys watching Hearts every few days.

8 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

All of our games so far have ended with opposition fans pleased with how their side defended against us. The common denominator is our attack.

I'll allow attack as long as by that you mean how we attack, rather than the players in attack - it's 100% our midfield that's the problem

By the sounds of things, you removed your midfield and replaced them forwards yesterday. We've all seen it before and know it very rarely works as they tend to get in each other's way and they need a midfield to supply them. Stuart McCall and Terry Butcher were particular fans of this approach for us in the past.

26 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

By the sounds of things, you removed your midfield and replaced them forwards yesterday. We've all seen it before and know it very rarely works as they tend to get in each other's way and they need a midfield to supply them. Stuart McCall and Terry Butcher were particular fans of this approach for us in the past.

Proof positive it's time for the old sacking block

The best bit of the game for me was at the final whistle when Dan Casey put his arms round his fellow central defenders in a team debrief- job done fashion.  They were delighted at the clean sheet.  Is there a bonus or was it professional pride?

A deserved win for 'well - they were the better side in the first half, and defended well.

I like Haring, but he looked well off the pace returning from injury.

Blair Spittall won't be everyone's cup of tea., but he's always played well against us - I think I'd rather see us signing someone like him rather than taking gambles on randoms from other 'markets' - not so much a 'guid Scottish laddie' - just a decent reliable midfield player.

We were never going to score - we could have danced all night. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm sure under Robinson we once ended up with Bowman, Johnson, Main, and Sammon on the pitch at the same time.

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm sure under Robinson we once ended up with Bowman, Johnson, Main, and Sammon on the pitch at the same time.

Noses aren't going to break themselves!

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

September 2018, Kilmarnock 3-1 Motherwell, that's how we finished the game aye.

I was worried Haring was going to fix Hearts midfiled issues by injecting a bit more pace into their play but it was still very slow paced.

All our goals this season have been swift breaks up the park. Clearly ssomething Kettlewell has prioritised as we saw with everyone bombing forward for the killie equaliser. Then the goal against Hearts were had 3 guys through the middle on the break and O'Donnell played the ball up quickly to exploit our overload.

22 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

How did we manage to end up with the four of them on the books, let alone the park at the one time? Johnson apart, that front line would have all the guile of an elephant chasing a mouse.