Batshit Mental Away Supporter Rules

10 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Surely if anything keeping fans on busses specifically for the game is better than fans coming from all directions, pished on public transport? It's a load of bollocks and will obviously not come to anything 

Have you ever used public transport? Being pished should be a prerequisite.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Megabus is better than either train or supporters bus.

Megabus being better than the train is an alarming opinion that should see you getting a chap on the door from the authorities.

Although, I will agree that if my choice for a one-off absolute necessity bus trip to a game did not allow for a train at any point, I'd go Megabus rather than a supporters' bus.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Lassie on just now talking about being caught up in violence at an Arsenal - Chelsea match. 😀

I'm sure that was a terrible experience, but what the f**k has it got to do with a Hearts trip to Perth? Or Forfar going to Stranraer?

Always how these phone-ins go. A bit like this thread.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Lassie on just now talking about being caught up in violence at an Arsenal - Chelsea match. 😀

I'm sure that was a terrible experience, but what the f**k has it got to do with a Hearts trip to Perth? Or Forfar going to Stranraer?

Before St Johnstone v Dundee last weekend, I really can't remember the last time I seen violence at a football match. Maybe others have seen more, more regularly but Scottish football largely just does not have violence in my experience. Maybe I'm just lucky?

4 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Before St Johnstone v Dundee last weekend, I really can't remember the last time I seen violence at a football match. Maybe others have seen more, more regularly but Scottish football largely just does not have violence in my experience. Maybe I'm just lucky?

One of my mates got chinned outside Celtic Park the thick end of twenty years ago. I can't think of anything I've seen since.

Nobody has addressed the obvious point that attending football in Scotland and England are very different things. I do both regularly and see this with my own eyes.

How football is policed in England has long been very different to Scotland, and with good reason. A lot of English away fans are simply trouble.

Attending the fitba in Scotland is just not like that, and these measures have no basis for them whatsoever.

Absolutely nobody has touched on that point. I'd call them, but I can't be fucked.

4 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Is the evidence from England that is has prevented or reduced trouble overall? Or only that it has reduced trouble caused by fans travelling on private hire buses?

There will be some. Because a lot of their fixtures are on a completely different security level to ours.

I live in an area where you experience a lot of English away supports. It can be really grim and can make areas of the town worth just avoiding. On a level you don't get in Scotland.

The Bubble games they have in England will certainly have reduced bother at certain fixtures. But it's not an issue I see existing anywhere in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

There will be some. Because a lot of their fixtures are on a completely different security level to ours.

I live in an area where you experience a lot of English away supports. It can be really grim and can make areas of the town worth just avoiding. On a level you don't get in Scotland.

The Bubble games they have in England will certainly have reduced bother at certain fixtures. But it's not an issue I see existing anywhere in Scotland.

For example, in most games in Scotland the final whistle goes and both sets of fans disperse from the ground with no segregation on the streets whatsoever. I imagine that is just not the case down South in pretty much every league. 

One of my favourite away days in Scotland is when we go to Partick Thistle as you can go in the bar in the main stand and with no trouble whatsoever, mix with the home fans. 

I live in Glasgow and get the train to the majority of our home games, which almost always involves mixing with away supporters for the journey, and there has never been the tiniest bit of hassle. I do tend to avoid travelling that way for games against Celtic or Rangers right enough, but even then you don't hear of there being any issues.