Ayr United v Falkirk

Richey Edwards

Mutch

Ahui  McAllister  Stanger  Ecrepont

Chalmers  Senga  Syla  Tomlinson

Amartey  Rose

Subs: Albinson, Reading, Watret, Young, McKenzie, Bryden

We seem to be lacking in extra (young) bodies.  Unsure if Watret will be in the squad, I am pretty sure he has been away on trial down south.  Think we have 3(?) out on loan in Viviani, Jenkins and possibly Guthrie.  However could be doing with Jenkins back for some defensive cover.  Would imagine McGinty won't be risked, Musonda away on interbational duty and Dempsey, Murdoch, Murphy all still injured.  Still a threadbare squad of numbers and quality.  Would like to see Tomlinson get a start and go two up top and just have a go.

53 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Mutch

Amartey  Rose

We seem to be lacking in extra (young) bodies.  Unsure if Watret will be in the squad, I am pretty sure he has been away on trial down south.  Think we have 3(?) out on loan in Viviani, Jenkins and possibly Guthrie.  However could be doing with Jenkins back for some defensive cover.  Would imagine McGinty won't be risked, Musonda away on interbational duty and Dempsey, Murdoch, Murphy all still injured.  Still a threadbare squad of numbers and quality.  Would like to see Tomlinson get a start and go two up top and just have a go.

Not that I'm wanting it, but I'd reckon McKenzie and Bryden are both nailed on for a start as would Smith be if not suspended.

While many aren't in the least bit interested in this cup, the clubs themselves have an obligation to their fans to put out a semi strong side otherwise it's a pretty poor show expecting people to pay £12 to come and watch a kick about between a couple of youth sides with a few fringe players chucked in for good measure.

I obviously don't expect either side to be putting out their first 11 but I would hope that both have a decent mix of youth players, fringe players and first team regulars.

Having said that, I'm wondering if the team sheets have been leaked as Ayr have gone from 8/11 out to 11/10 and Falkirk from 3/1 in to 15/8 in places.

Fairly confident we're going to lose this tbh.

We just haven't got going yet and seem to really lack ideas for creating opportunities (other than punting it) - whereas Falkirk have started very well and look dangerous going forward (dunno what kind of team we'll see from them I guess).

Syla and Young both looked decent enough at Arbroath albeit they struggled to find any joy going forward. Hope to see Senga play and really hoping Ahui gets a start and plays well. Was thrown in quite unprepared last time so hopefully he can show something. Maybe Rose scoring at the weekend will be the spark needed to get him firing - we haven't seen anywhere near enough so far.

It's already looking a bit grim for this season. Maybe a win in the diddy cup can turn the fortunes....

Going to be a beautiful night. The kind of night that would be great for standing out on the North Terrace. Already can't wait to be back there next season.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Mutch

Amartey  Rose

We need to play the formation Bullen is looking to play going forward IMO to help get us up and running - so 4/3/3 or 4/2/3/1. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

IMO

LINEUP111693925193849.png

I'd play Rose, personally.  Just got his first goal so I'd look to build on that. 

I would be happy with this, but with Rose included as you say. I think Rose has to play tbh - Bryden can get half an hour or so. 

ETA, Chalmers too as he clearly needs game time! Not entirely sure who in front of though tbf. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Don’t remember ever having an easier 1-0 win a Ayr in all my days. Strolled it. Hogarth without a save. Henderson superb. Really like the look of Honeyman and Walker when they came on. 
Rest up now for Queen of the South. Nearly 400 fans on a Tuesday for a diddy cup. 👏

Edited by Mr Grimsdale