Kevin Deeney

Statement from Irvine Meadow

“It is with regret that the Irvine Meadow committee have accepted Kevin Deeney’s resignation as first team manager as of tonight.

The club would like to thank Kevin for his efforts at Irvine Meadow and wish him well in future endeavours.”

Edited by .Stuart.

51 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

No neither do I and wouldn't be a good move for the club, I see nothing official has been put on the club facebook page 

U no a Buffs fan? Sorry if I got that wrang. Just mind u saying a while ago dunno if it was tongue an cheek. 

Davie Gillies 😂 

Gavin Friels 

Arnie Davidson

Shaun Dillon 

Chris Wilson 

Aw mentioned et the work the nicht. 
No onnay ex players interested big Wingate, McGowan? brithers just no onnay big names Medda could bring in. 

If I wur Medda I’d gie it tae the fella fae Shotts who was et Cumnock. Or Gormely tae get it up the Buffs 😂Ashfield manager highly thought of tae.

Tough gig but………. we keep signing yer players! 

It’s absolutely crucial Medda get the next appointment spot on. They’ve gone for untried and untested in recent years and it’s not worked out. 

The Medda committee seem to have dodged flak over that fact but they need to do better. 

Maybe the Medda gaffers job isn’t quite the attraction it once was tbf. Can’t remember the last time a manager with real pedigree and proven winning track record was seriously linked to them. 

12 minutes ago, Size Five said:

It’s absolutely crucial Medda get the next appointment spot on. They’ve gone for untried and untested in recent years and it’s not worked out. 

The Medda committee seem to have dodged flak over that fact but they need to do better. 

Maybe the Medda gaffers job isn’t quite the attraction it once was tbf. Can’t remember the last time a manager with real pedigree and proven winning track record was seriously linked to them. 

Regardless of their history or current situation, a club who play in the Premier League should be an attractive proposition for any manager who is managing down the leagues or not currently in a job. The difficulty comes if they are trying to lure someone from a position at a similar level. 

Irvine Meadow have the infrastructure in place. They just need a steadying influence to come in and then to give him time to do the job.

15 hours ago, Ben10 said:

U no a Buffs fan? Sorry if I got that wrang. Just mind u saying a while ago dunno if it was tongue an cheek. 

Davie Gillies 😂 

Gavin Friels 

Arnie Davidson

Shaun Dillon 

Chris Wilson 

Aw mentioned et the work the nicht. 
No onnay ex players interested big Wingate, McGowan? brithers just no onnay big names Medda could bring in. 

If I wur Medda I’d gie it tae the fella fae Shotts who was et Cumnock. Or Gormely tae get it up the Buffs 😂Ashfield manager highly thought of tae.

Tough gig but………. we keep signing yer players! 

Not a buffs or Medda fan but have a mate at the club so had an interest since George Grierson took over !