Monday Night Football Thread - 2024/25

lichtie23

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Zach Taylor on a hot seat now in Cincy?  

Not right at this moment, because their schedule gets a bit easier for a while and I can see them still being .500 by half way, but I think he definitely will be in danger of the bullet if they miss the playoffs again or get dumped in the WC round.

I think Pederson is a dead man walking unless they go on a tear and win a playoff game or something, but I can't see that happening because they are showing no signs of arresting the slide that started midway through last season, and it doesn't matter what the talent levels are of the respective teams a 47 point drubbing shouldn't happen to any remotely competent HC in the NFL. I can't see him lasting the year, and if they get thumped again next week by the Texans I think that might do it for him. Teams who get battered tend to fight back the week after, but the Texans also got thumped in Minnesota and I think they're honestly just a better team than the Jags.

Chicago is interesting me right now because the media is already whining and complaining about underperformance. I think the exploits of players like Jefferson and Stroud has made a lot of people forget that the majority of rookies actually suck in their first season, and a guy playing at all-pro level from day 1 is the exception rather than the norm. I don't really understand why they're desperate for Eberflus to be fired, because it makes no sense to build to the point where the Bears are with an HC and then punt him simply because the rookie QB isn't capable of playing the way Stroud did in his rookie campaign. You might as well have fired Eberflus last season if that's what you are going to to, because otherwise you've basically said to him that unless Williams had a Stroud-like year and the Bears made the playoffs, he's out, and that just isn't in any way reasonable or realistic.