Celtic FC vs Dundee FC - 16/09/23

Not the performance I was hoping for, but 3pts I’ll take. Started to get into it as the game went on. 
Been listening to Rodgers interviews and I get the feeling this squad is not what he has in mind (treble winners or not) for his tenure, I doubt he thinks it has enough for his own playing style. 

Celtic looked so slow compared to last season. Deserved to win and it’s clearly a penalty IMO, just such an immature tackle. Feels harsh but the right call. Thought we were as comfortable as can be in the first half even if Celtic had 75% of the ball. Should have scored. 

Deserved win, we keep building.

8 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Not the performance I was hoping for, but 3pts I’ll take. Started to get into it as the game went on. 
Been listening to Rodgers interviews and I get the feeling this squad is not what he has in mind (treble winners or not) for his tenure, I doubt he thinks it has enough for his own playing style. 

Ange was all high press, energy whereas Rodgers is keep-ball.  That's fine but I seem to remember Celtic slowly turning in to a team, first time around, that just played across the field as the defenders rotated with them.  Ends up as a one tempo team. Players overall don't match the style of football. 

9 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Celtic looked so slow compared to last season. Deserved to win and it’s clearly a penalty IMO, just such an immature tackle. Feels harsh but the right call. Thought we were as comfortable as can be in the first half even if Celtic had 75% of the ball. Should have scored. 

Deserved win, we keep building.

We aren’t playing with close to the same tempo as last season but that’s Rodgers.

One notable difference today was that we seemed to revert back to inverted fullbacks which does seem to suit GT and AJ. I thought O’Riley was really good today however 

6 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

Still looks a bit of a slog at times but at least the goals are coming now. Yang is going to be one of those infuriating players I fear. The skill is clearly there but his decision making leaves a lot to be desired at times.

He’s still young but you could question the decision making of all our wingers at times.

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Even the Dundee fan a few posts before said it’s clearly a pen. He kicks his standing leg in the box so what else is it? 🤣

Must be difficult to focus through tear stained specs 

Another busy night defending yet another controversial celtic decision lies ahead.

Highlights on YouTube from Celtic TV. Celtic passing up a bunch of chances, Dees missing a couple of opportunities. Pen clearly shows Turnbulls leg being knocked from under him inside the edge of the box. 

Blowing a 2 goal lead to St Johnstone gets my back up far more than anything in this game. 

Edited by rainbowrising