Plucky County v Troubled Plucky Livi - 16/9/23

For me the “doom & gloom”, certainly in relation to this season anyway, is nothing to do with the team on the pitch. It has been before; I’ve been worried as to how we’d fare after losing Gallagher, Halkett, Guthrie, Emmanuel-Thomas (aye, genuinely) plus countless others over the last five or so years. The way the manager has respun our squad time and again, and each time managed to piece together a group capable of being top half contenders, is quite something  

No, the doom & gloom for me is off pitch. The mood music around our current finances is akin to that of a John Williams score. October is as big a month for our club as I care to remember. 

On 19/09/2023 at 13:11, mozam76 said:

The way the manager has respun our squad time and again, and each time managed to piece together a group capable of being top half contenders, is quite something

Martindale is the best manager in the league, hands down. While Steve Robinson is on a winning run spree for now, it won't last. As you say he keeps managing to rebuild the squad and definately knows how to spot a player. I'm really suprised he is still at Livingston and not a top Championship side.

On 21/09/2023 at 18:21, Sonam said:

Martindale is the best manager in the league, hands down. While Steve Robinson is on a winning run spree for now, it won't last. As you say he keeps managing to rebuild the squad and definately knows how to spot a player. I'm really suprised he is still at Livingston and not a top Championship side.

There’s a very obvious reason.  

Livingston were absolutely abject today.  

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a very obvious reason.  

Livingston were absolutely abject today.  

All very well saying Livi were abject today.Your a county fan.You guys threw 3 points away against us last week.We knew before hand we were on a hiding to nothing today.When you give the ball away so many times against the OF and don't take the limited chances even against ten men.Celtic showed why they are champions. Aye for the rest of us its frustrating. Suspect you and I will lock horns in about 6 months time.🤷‍♂️.