SMFC v HMFC

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

The offside decision, the Mandron decision, the Aberdeen double touch penalty and the 'non-goal' against Dundee were all made by humans, not tech.

I know, I was just quoting Sportscene. Who all agreed that he didn't look offside but came out with the 'you have to trust the technology' line. 

2 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

I know, I was just quoting Sportscene. Who all agreed that he didn't look offside but came out with the 'you have to trust the technology' line. 

Yeah, it's a ridiculous comment as is 'The Master's take on this - the tech isn't perfect and is implemented by humans who clearly are not perfect.

Watching Dons v RC, and Dons 4th had Duk easing a defender off the ball to win the possession that led to the goal.

It was MUCH more of a foul than Mandron's - though even it wasn't a foul either - the Mandron one is just a ridiculous decision - and the fact VAR looked at it and decided it was a foul is perplexing.

I'm assuming that there are different grades of VAR systems and technology. It appears that in Scotland we have a  very basic version with very limited camera angles. There appears only to be a camera on one side of the park in these offside calls. IF that is the case we might as well not bother. As an absolute minimum you need a camera angle from either side yet every time I've seen VAR decisions at the SMISA this season it all seems to be based on the same West stabd camera angle. It's barely if at all fit for purpose in it's present guise up here.

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm assuming that there are different grades of VAR systems and technology. It appears that in Scotland we have a  very basic version with very limited camera angles. There appears only to be a camera on one side of the park in these offside calls. IF that is the case we might as well not bother. As an absolute minimum you need a camera angle from either side yet every time I've seen VAR decisions at the SMISA this season it all seems to be based on the same West stabd camera angle. It's barely if at all fit for purpose in it's present guise up here.

No VAR system uses angles on both sides for offside. At most, they will use a total of five cameras synchronised in Hawkeye - the main cameras, 2 18-yard line cameras, and 2 goal-line cameras (so effectively 3 cameras per end). They can use any camera to determine when the ball was kicked, but only the Hawkeye cameras can be used for drawing the lines. 

We don’t have the goal line cameras in Scotland. 

Edited by The Master

15 minutes ago, The Master said:

No VAR system uses angles on both sides for offside. At most, they will use a total of five cameras synchronised in Hawkeye - the main cameras, 2 18-yard line cameras, and 2 goal-line cameras (so effectively 3 cameras per end). They can use any camera to determine when the ball was kicked, but only the Hawkeye cameras can be used for drawing the lines. 

We don’t have the goal line cameras in Scotland. 

If I wanted to read Wikipedia I'd have googled it.

Now run along and post your drivel elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

Was I replying to you? No.

I don't give a flying f**k to whom you were replying to.

You're boring the shit out of us all with your inane drivel.

So suggesting you GTF seems like a reasonable resolution to me.

Just now, FTOF said:

I don't give a flying f**k to whom you were replying to.

You're boring the shit out of us all with your inane drivel.

So suggesting you GTF seems like a reasonable resolution to me.

Pointing out how VAR works, and how our system compares to other countries isn’t “drivel”.

You claiming it’s drivel just because you don’t like what you’re hearing, is. 

Happy to help clear that one up. A bit like VAR clearing up your offside goal yesterday. 

9 hours ago, HibsFan said:

It’s very simple, check who you were playing against. There is no club in the world who get more lucky breaks with refereeing decisions than Hearts.

I’m only surprised they didn’t get their trademark jammy equaliser when they should’ve legitimately lost 3-0.

Any season when that luck runs out they get sent packing to the second tier like the yo-yo club they are.

You are a strange, strange person

4 hours ago, The Master said:

Pointing out how VAR works, and how our system compares to other countries isn’t “drivel”.

You claiming it’s drivel just because you don’t like what you’re hearing, is. 

Happy to help clear that one up. A bit like VAR clearing up your offside goal yesterday. 

@FTOF is a tit tough, ignore him 

21 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You get told that 'the lines' are drawn from closest to goal part of body that a player can score with...

Screenshot_20230924_095721_Discord.thumb.jpg.e32c40bd96c9bee2ac4cdbfda202e2b5.jpg

So whys the line drawn from Grieve's tricep and not the red line where his shoulder is?

These charlatans make it up as they go, honestly. Even with VAR their incompetence still allows for human error. They looked at this for 3 and a half minutes and THIS is what they came up with 

C9812633-4138-4477-88A9-7DDBC6F192B2.png.3b4013e40cdb9959238952e3562581f2.png

Thats the graphics from FIFA 98 - Road to the World Cup. A game released 25 years ago shows players more easily distinguishable than Scottish footballs version of VAR in 2023. I was watching on St Mirren TV when that VAR image popped up on the screen and I thought it was just my firesticks poor quality, adamant that Grieve was onside after watching multiple replays and could not believe it was given offside. A still image that wouldn’t look out of place on a Sega Mega Drive game, with lines as thick as a players shin drawn from the attacker which at best looks like a ‘good guess’? A defenders foot literally over lapping that same line which for some reason is ignored, on a picture where the quality is so bad that features like the eyes, nose and mouth are nothing but a skin coloured blur.

What is the point of VAR when it’s meant to clear up black and white decisions like offside, and we get images like this to justify it? I watch La Liga, EPL and Champions League games, and 95 times out of 100 offside is checked and relayed back to the referee in seconds. Why is it in Scotland we are all sitting about for 2/3 minutes with neither the fans or the players having a clue what’s going on as some doughball ref uses Microsoft Paint to mark lines on an image that looks like it got downloaded from the internet in 1998? It’s absolutely embarrassing, and if we don’t have the money to do VAR correctly, with multiple high quality cameras at ALL stadiums, then don’t bother at all, because stuff like that above makes us look ridiculous.