SMFC v HMFC

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

So Walsh who chopped off Mandron's goal for a non-existent foul is VAR official last night and okays a blatant foul by a Rangers player who then runs in and scores.

These kind of things surely can't just be incompetence.

Different rules for the Old Firm

We really need foreign VAR officials. I would outsource it abroad 

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

So Walsh who chopped off Mandron's goal for a non-existent foul is VAR official last night and okays a blatant foul by a Rangers player who then runs in and scores.

Bobby. You witnessed Lex Richardson being denied the opportunity to play in both a LC final and a SC final in the early 80s. One of the greatest midfielders St Mirren ever had and he never got the chance to play in a final at Hampden. 
It was corrupt back then and it’s corrupt now. 
I’ve learned after 50years that it will never change. There is institutional bias dominating our sport.

Levein called it right when managing Utd at Ibrox. 

As Christian Daily would say “Cheats fcuking cheats”.

It will never ever change in the domestic game. 

20 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I’ve just watched the Sevco goal and it’s as blatant a foul as you could ever see. Did they have VAR at Ibrox last night? 

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

Bobby. You witnessed Lex Richardson being denied the opportunity to play in both a LC final and a SC final in the early 80s. One of the greatest midfielders St Mirren ever had and he never got the chance to play in a final at Hampden. 
It was corrupt back then and it’s corrupt now. 
I’ve learned after 50years that it will never change. There is institutional bias dominating our sport.

Levein called it right when managing Utd at Ibrox. 

As Christian Daily would say “Cheats fcuking cheats”.

It will never ever change in the domestic game. 

Jimmy H and I were in Munich a couple of weeks ago and we were in a bar watching the Cyprus v Scotland match.

We got chatting to a lad from Inverness who lived in Carnoustie. We got to talking about golf (after talking about football) and he said, one of the lads I play golf with at Carnoustie used to play for St. Mirren. No idea what wee Lex’s surname is.
Jimmy and I proceeded to tell him that Lexy was an absolute St. Mirren legend. 
To this fella he was just a wee guy he played golf with sometimes. 🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

9 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

The disallowed Diaz goal in the Liverpool game tonight shows that even the most expensive VAR can’t be trusted 

The technological side of VAR wasn’t even used there. 

It was visually determined to be onside without the lines, and the VAR mistakenly thought the on-field decision had been to give the goal.

On 01/10/2023 at 12:04, The Master said:

The technological side of VAR wasn’t even used there. 

It was visually determined to be onside without the lines, and the VAR mistakenly thought the on-field decision had been to give the goal.

Pardon?

19 minutes ago, The Master said:

Which word are you struggling with?

Perhaps he’s not struggling with any words. 
What everyone is struggling to understand is why the technology was never used to check whether it was onside or offside. 

The point of VAR was to assist with decisions like this. 

The whole point of VAR is to eliminate these mistakes. 

Luis Diaz's goal for Liverpool at Tottenham was incorrectly disallowed for offside after the VAR mistakenly believed the on-field decision had been to award the goal. 

But the VAR team surely had to check and support that the goal was valid. 

The audio for this must be released. 

Surely as a matter of course this should have been checked in one of the richest leagues in the world with arguably some of the best technology at hand. 

This is not the first time that Spurs have benefited from extremely dodgy officiating:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12853146/three-massive-var-decisions-go-in-spurs-favour-against-brighton

In addition these full time officials have been working abroad 48 hours before a massive game:

“Referee's body PGMOL is facing increasing questions over the wisdom of allowing England and Cook to have worked in the United Arab Emirates on Thursday.

England was the VAR and Cook was the second assistant referee for Al Ain's victory over Sharjah, which took place just 48 hours before the Tottenham vs Liverpool match.

Michael Oliver - who was the fourth official in north London - was the referee for the game in the UAE.“

Did jet lag have an impact on this poor decision making? Having travelled extensively in the past I would say it would have an adverse effect. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Perhaps he’s not struggling with any words. 
What everyone is struggling to understand is why the technology was never used to check whether it was onside or offside. 

The point of VAR was to assist with decisions like this. 

The whole point of VAR is to eliminate these mistakes. 

Luis Diaz's goal for Liverpool at Tottenham was incorrectly disallowed for offside after the VAR mistakenly believed the on-field decision had been to award the goal. 

But the VAR team surely had to check and support that the goal was valid. 

The audio for this must be released. 

Surely as a matter of course this should have been checked in one of the richest leagues in the world with arguably some of the best technology at hand. 

This is not the first time that Spurs have benefited from extremely dodgy officiating:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12853146/three-massive-var-decisions-go-in-spurs-favour-against-brighton

In addition these full time officials have been working abroad 48 hours before a massive game:

“Referee's body PGMOL is facing increasing questions over the wisdom of allowing England and Cook to have worked in the United Arab Emirates on Thursday.

England was the VAR and Cook was the second assistant referee for Al Ain's victory over Sharjah, which took place just 48 hours before the Tottenham vs Liverpool match.

Michael Oliver - who was the fourth official in north London - was the referee for the game in the UAE.“

Did jet lag have an impact on this poor decision making? Having travelled extensively in the past I would say it would have an adverse effect. 

The lines weren't drawn because it was so obvious that it was onside. Thinking that the goal had been given the VAR simply said to the referee "check complete". Presumably it was only after the game restarted with a free kick that the VAR realised what had happened and by then it was too late to change the decision. Easily sorted by saying "goal confirmed" or "goal disallowed". Or even better, get rid of the VAR. 

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The lines weren't drawn because it was so obvious that it was onside. Thinking that the goal had been given the VAR simply said to the referee "check complete". Presumably it was only after the game restarted with a free kick that the VAR realised what had happened and by then it was too late to change the decision. Easily sorted by saying "goal confirmed" or "goal disallowed". Or even better, get rid of the VAR. 

I understand why but I don’t agree. The technology is there to support. The officials totally fcuked up and that could have a huge outcome on the title or Champions League qualification. 
When they realised they fcuked up they should have intervened while the match was still “live”.

36 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We've all been there: pissing around on your phone during a teams call when someone suddenly asks for your opinion.

In fact that's what I'm doing right now. Thank f**k I don't have the combined social media whining of Liverpool FC after me every time I fudge out a blagged response.

All that said, I do wish we, as a club, were doing a bit more complaining about this. Unless we are and it's happening behind the scenes. But holy f**k it's getting ridiculous now.

51 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I understand why but I don’t agree. The technology is there to support. The officials totally fcuked up and that could have a huge outcome on the title or Champions League qualification. 
When they realised they fcuked up they should have intervened while the match was still “live”.

They totally f*ck*d up, and the reason is what I said. They should have stopped the restart obviously, but the realisation probably didn't dawn until the free kick is taken, and then its too late.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They totally f*ck*d up, and the reason is what I said. They should have stopped the restart obviously, but the realisation probably didn't dawn until the free kick is taken, and then its too late.

Was it too late?

They surely could have notified the referee at an appropriate time. 

Surely they realised immediately after the restart in play that they had fcuked up. Are they really that stupid?

Both clubs managers would have been consulted and the issue addressed. Big Ange would not have had an issue.

It’s absolutely farcical. These are highly paid individuals who have proven to be utterly incompetent.

The problem isn’t VAR. Unfortunately it’s the idiots in charge. 

Get them sacked. 😂