Dumbarton vs Stranraer

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Can't understand why we signed C Wilson, Byrne could have been let go to free up a wage too, and maybe we could have did what Stenny have.

Then again...we are at the mercy of Farrell logic...

I think Jan was saying Wilson should've been kicking a ball by now but had a set back. Farrell has struggled to get the midfield 3 right when choosing from 5 midfielders so maybe he'll get it right when he has 6 to choose from. 

15 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Heard today that it’s highly likely that Budinauckas will make his debut in goal. 
Also that we’ll only have three subs.

Not sure the truth but we are very depleted at the moment. 

Given we’re coming in to this one on the back of two pretty poor defeats, I’d bite your hand off for a point. 

More injuries in training?

I wonder if we would look to at least spend Gregg Wylde's wage on a young loanee but it doesn't seem overly likely at the moment, given other teams are signing players and we aren't. Christ, Clyde have brought in a couple this week.

Edited by squeezebox-son

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

For anyone who was planning on buying the live stream then you’re out of luck. Our wifi, which has been a problem for a while now, is fucked.

Yep offline.Who is going to buy the service which is constantly plagued with issues?

I thought we deserved that albeit made hard work of it.  We managed the second half well although gave Stranraer far too much freedom with the ball and sat off them after our third.

We were sloppy in possession a lot I felt although had some good passages of play when we tried to get the ball forward.  I thought Stranraer were garbage and anything other than a home win would’ve been a huge missed opportunity.  I know they had injuries but they were really pretty awful.

Durnan and Shiels were excellent, Pigniatello and Orsi worked well together at times but I thought we were quite wasteful going forward throughout.  It’s a good three points and on to next week and what looks like an improving Clyde.

We won't get many easier days than that. I'd have serious concerns if I was a Stranraer fan. They offered little to nothing and but for some calamitous defending, were never going to score today.

We were very comfortable and also pretty good in spells. We showed some nice touches and nice build up play but we lacked a cutting edge, particularly in the first half. The only times we put in decent and dangerous deliveries, we scored.

My main concern is the long periods where we are too slow and just lack sharpness in all areas. We have no urgency or creativity to break teams down when they sit in banks in front of us. We are screaming out for someone like Jinky Hilton in the starting line up, I reckon.

I won't go into it too much but the selection wasn't bad, but I felt it could have been better and more balanced too.

I thought Ryan Wallace was very good today, as was Shiels and our right hand side of Orsi and Pigniatello. If we can sharpen up and inject some urgency we should be up there challenging, but I still have my doubts that we have all the ingredients, and indeed the correct chef, to get things right.