Hibs vs. Dundee - the big swinging dicks destruction derby - Saturday 30th September 3pm #HiDees

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

I was lucky enough to see him playing in that strip and the V neck the season before. The film clip is before my time but he scores Scotland’s second goal in 4-1 away win over Austria in 1955. Crowd got a bit upset in this one. Tommy Younger and Lawrie Reilly also playing. 

Soviet officer in the crowd. Never really think about Austria being occupied post-war in the way that you do about Germany. This would have been right at the end of it because the occupying powers left by the end of 1955.

Braw pitch invasion/rammy as well 😀

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

I was lucky enough to see him playing in that strip and the V neck the season before. The film clip is before my time but he scores Scotland’s second goal in 4-1 away win over Austria in 1955. Crowd got a bit upset in this one. Tommy Younger and Lawrie Reilly also playing. 

"Friendlies" taken a bit seriously back then.

10 hours ago, AndyM said:

My old Dad would never forgive me if I didn't show the younger one s on here a picture of his favourite player ever.

"A genius" he called him. Gordon Smith. 

image.thumb.png.d43d5b5240889f4979ddacdf7c84ddff.png

I know as a Hibs fan I've got an instinctive dislike of the colour blue (the light blue of Rangers, the navy blue of Falkirk, the Scots Tories blue of St Johnstone), but that is just an absolutely magnificent Dundee top that Gordon Smith - the greatest forward in Scottish football history btw - is wearing there.

I would kill for a retro week in the SPFL where we all wear commemorative tops of the fifties and sixties.

14 hours ago, HibsFan said:

I know as a Hibs fan I've got an instinctive dislike of the colour blue (the light blue of Rangers, the navy blue of Falkirk, the Scots Tories blue of St Johnstone), but that is just an absolutely magnificent Dundee top that Gordon Smith - the greatest forward in Scottish football history btw - is wearing there.

I would kill for a retro week in the SPFL where we all wear commemorative tops of the fifties and sixties.

Hibernian's finest son according to the auld yins.

image.thumb.png.5eb2dbd4922f72f8cd0c0b75d353261a.png

On 25/09/2023 at 09:03, Eednud said:

Spotted Smith getting hooked by a fan in the wee brawl. Austrian c***s!

On 25/09/2023 at 09:03, Eednud said:

Looks like they're still pissed off after the final result 

of WW2 

Just in case anyone doesn’t know it would appear that a number of tickets for the away end have been printed wrongly by our club shop.  Tickets should be on the Hibs branded paper which has a gold (as you would expect from our classy friends from Edinburgh) coloured border. 

Below is a cut and paste from the Dundee website

If your ticket has been printed on a Dundee FC branded ticket rather than a Hibernian branded ticket please take your ticket to the away supporters’ ticket pod, located adjacent to the away stand at Easter Road.

The clubs SLO will be staffing the away ticket pod and will have the correct tickets which can be switched over for those issued in error. Away turnstiles open at 2pm, supporters are asked to arrive early.

On 25/09/2023 at 08:29, AndyM said:

My old Dad would never forgive me if I didn't show the younger one s on here a picture of his favourite player ever.

"A genius" he called him. Gordon Smith. 

image.thumb.png.d43d5b5240889f4979ddacdf7c84ddff.png

The only player to win the top Scottish league with three different clubs, and none of them the gruesome twosome. Although actually born in Edinburgh, one of Montrose's favourite football son's.