Stirling v Cove - the big game on the telly

4 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Was only keeping half an eye on this but was that Murray Miller who came on for Stirling? I thought he had potential when he was on loan with us last season. Needed to be a bit more assertive probably but decent on the ball, physical when required and had a good shot on him too. Plenty good attributes to work on, would be a decent addition I think. 

Yeah almost certain it was him. Got this photo when he came on. I rated him whenever I saw highlights of him for Alloa last season, expected he would have found a club well before now 

IMG_20230930_191506.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

37 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Was only keeping half an eye on this but was that Murray Miller who came on for Stirling? I thought he had potential when he was on loan with us last season. Needed to be a bit more assertive probably but decent on the ball, physical when required and had a good shot on him too. Plenty good attributes to work on, would be a decent addition I think. 

That was the name that I heard banded about.

On 30/09/2023 at 21:21, Gnash said:

By my reckoning that was our first ever live game on the telly not against the old firm. Am I right?

Yes. 

23 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

I'm pretty sure a cup game against Hibs was live a few years back.

It was the first ever live game* at Forthbank featuring the Albion yesterday. The Hibs game wasn't live on national TV I don't think. 

Incidentally, the first ever live game* at Forthbank was just a few days beforehand, the Uni's game vs Albion Rovers. 

*Shown nationally

On 30/09/2023 at 21:21, Gnash said:

By my reckoning that was our first ever live game on the telly not against the old firm. Am I right?

First live game that comes to my head is a Scottish cup replay against Inverness the year after the won it! Game was shown on sky and from memory we lost 2 nil....I do remember one of the Inverness goals being a screamer too!