Stirling v Cove - the big game on the telly

Back at home at last. It feels like an age since the Hamilton game.

Still early in the season but it would be a great game to win.

Win and it guarantees a nice little gap in points over the bottom 2. Lose and we are getting sucked into that battle.

I'd like to see Clark back in. Even if he had a rough game at Annan,as our only natural left back he's got to be the best option there. Geeks at right back and McLean and Cummins in the centre.

I'd be seriously considering dropping Jack Leitch as he's been ineffective at best and a liability at worst. We improved notably in the Hamilton game when he was hooked at half time. Banner and Davidson in the middle. I'd probably go with Moore and Milne in the wide areas with Carrick and Hilson up front.

We've been a lot better at home than away so hopefully that continues.

Weather isn't looking too terrace friendly at the moment.....

We have only scored 5 goals all season but we have points from every game we have scored in.

Hopeful prediciton Binos 2 Cove 1

Looking forward to the game, it seems like ages since we were last at home and with the game being on telly and a later kick off, hopefully it will have that air of being special for us.

I fancy us, I really do, watching the highlights that get posted in the pinned thread above, Cove don't look in any great shakes and Hartley seems to have recruited a bunch of duds in the summer. These words could come back to haunt me, of course, but I stand by them with the highlights that I have seen.

It's still early in the season, so it won't be a disaster if we lose, but as WattersIsGod has said above, if we can get a 7 point gap between ourselves and the Play Off at the bottom, then that would be nice. 

On 27/09/2023 at 12:35, BB_Bino said:

Looking forward to the game, it seems like ages since we were last at home and with the game being on telly and a later kick off, hopefully it will have that air of being special for us.

I fancy us, I really do, watching the highlights that get posted in the pinned thread above, Cove don't look in any great shakes and Hartley seems to have recruited a bunch of duds in the summer. These words could come back to haunt me, of course, but I stand by them with the highlights that I have seen.

It's still early in the season, so it won't be a disaster if we lose, but as WattersIsGod has said above, if we can get a 7 point gap between ourselves and the Play Off at the bottom, then that would be nice. 

Home advantage for the Binos against a Cove side low on confidence, with only 1 win their last 8, makes for another difficult fixture for us. Every week the pressure is mounting. Stirling with 5 losses in the last 7 in all competitions need to regain some momentum after a strong league cup and start to the league season.

Our defence is made of glass and gifting chances from open play and from set pieces. We do have ability to score goals with Mitch, Burrell, Williamson and Fyvie but needing 3 goals to win a game is far from ideal.

We definitely have recruited duds. Hartley's biggest flaw although man management and tactics are close behind! We have no wingers or full backs so are easily exploited on the flanks.

On 27/09/2023 at 12:23, Moorie said:

I can see this being the end of Hartley if Stirling run rampant over them. 

HOW is he still in a job. It's been 8 months of torture and he's hanging on by a thread. Jack Wilkie's own goal in the 90th minute likely kept him employed. Any defeat this weekend would be the end of him for me.

The last two losses are the ones that concern me. We have to compete with the other part time teams even away from home.

The other 3 don't really. We ran Aberdeen close in the cup, the challenge cup game i write off as we had no first teamers playing.

The defeat away to Falkirk came really soon after the Aberdeen game which understandably took a lot out of them. with the best of circumstances i still think that would be a tough game.

Home league form has remained OK. We are still I believe unbeaten at home in the league since last November when we lost to Annan.

I would love that to continue a bit longer.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Home advantage for the Binos against a Cove side low on confidence, with only 1 win their last 8, makes for another difficult fixture for us. Every week the pressure is mounting. Stirling with 5 losses in the last 7 in all competitions need to regain some momentum after a strong league cup and start to the league season.

Our defence is made of glass and gifting chances from open play and from set pieces. We do have ability to score goals with Mitch, Burrell, Williamson and Fyvie but needing 3 goals to win a game is far from ideal.

We definitely have recruited duds. Hartley's biggest flaw although man management and tactics are close behind! We have no wingers or full backs so are easily exploited on the flanks.

HOW is he still in a job. It's been 8 months of torture and he's hanging on by a thread. Jack Wilkie's own goal in the 90th minute likely kept him employed. Any defeat this weekend would be the end of him for me.

Got to think of defeat by a heavy score line will surely start getting the board thinking if not already. Especially it being on the tv. 
Mcintyre got sacked for less. 

6 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Got to think of defeat by a heavy score line will surely start getting the board thinking if not already. Especially it being on the tv. 
Mcintyre got sacked for less. 

He's failed every step in the 9 months since he's returned. Be amazed if they aren't seriously considering it already. It's the length of contract that will be the kicker. We need a change.

McIntyre would have been punted as soon as the Morton game finished.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

The last two losses are the ones that concern me. We have to compete with the other part time teams even away from home.

The other 3 don't really. We ran Aberdeen close in the cup, the challenge cup game i write off as we had no first teamers playing.

The defeat away to Falkirk came really soon after the Aberdeen game which understandably took a lot out of them. with the best of circumstances i still think that would be a tough game.

Home league form has remained OK. We are still I believe unbeaten at home in the league since last November when we lost to Annan.

I would love that to continue a bit longer.

Agreed, Aberdeen followed by Falkirk very quickly were two tough games. Gave the Dons a close scare which is a superb effort given the disparity in spending power. Challenge cup as you say was a chance given to squad players. 

No doubting that Stirling have started very well and will be a stern test for all in this league. Unbeaten at home since November is a good stat. We generally don't travel all that well and don't come in with much form. 

1st goal will be more critical than ever I feel.

So Cove fans don't see a 1-7.

At start of season I had Cove as top 4 . Still think it will happen. 

Like others I passed on the last 2  Stirling matches. I therefore rely on fan comments, highlights and manager's interview. Rarely do I disagree with  DY and his match summation. I take on board what he said after Annan and Montrose. Did we have the defeats coming? Don't think we are a  team on the slide. Fingers crossed we entertain the global audience.

Ask any manager, any day of the week, what is the latest on signings. The answer is always the same. We are looking at a couple of players. I trust DY will get it right.

PS

Who was Stuart Kettlewell watching at Forthbank Monday night?

22 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

So Cove fans don't see a 1-7.

At start of season I had Cove as top 4 . Still think it will happen. 

Like others I passed on the last 2  Stirling matches. I therefore rely on fan comments, highlights and manager's interview. Rarely do I disagree with  DY and his match summation. I take on board what he said after Annan and Montrose. Did we have the defeats coming? Don't think we are a  team on the slide. Fingers crossed we entertain the global audience.

Ask any manager, any day of the week, what is the latest on signings. The answer is always the same. We are looking at a couple of players. I trust DY will get it right.

PS

Who was Stuart Kettlewell watching at Forthbank Monday night?

We have the nucleus of a side but with the influx of Hartley's attempted recruitment we're hampered and still short in key areas (defence and our wide). With a new manager and a bit of run we could climb the table a bit but would need to strengthen in January to make the playoffs imo.

I definitely don't see a 7-1. Think that was our last game before the season ended due to COVID.

If I were Kettlewell I would have been there to watch Bevan. Low risk signing who could make them "big" money if he continues to improve given a chance at full time. Could loan him to L1/Championship for a season initially.

He and Charlie Reilly were immense for the wee rovers last year. Expected both to move on

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I must be one of the only Cove fans down here for the game tonight. The supporters bus cancelled with only 11 names down and it being unfeasible to run in that manner. Being on TV will clearly play a contributing factor to that although granted our away support is notoriously poor

We start as below. Yule only fit enough to make the bench. Reynolds not in the matchday squad.

Connell comes in,in what might be a 4-3-3.

Looks like it will be Sena at RB where he looks very uncomfortable. LB Jacob Jones is equally as poor defensively.

Pissing down at Forthbank.

9 weeks no sign of Vigurs. 5 weeks no sign of Rio (played 1 game) and Golding. All 3 not in the squad photo released yesterday 

Screenshot_2023-09-30-16-58-13-16_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-30-17-03-48-75_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg