Week 4 (London Baby!)

lichtie23

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Don't want to be a debbie downer, but the Falcons are strongly rumoured7 to be keeping close tabs on the Fields situation with a view to picking him up if Chicago dumps him 😛

Yeah the fans wanted him at the draft. Honestly would be better than Ridder I think. Why draft Pitts/London though when you don't really pass anyway

3 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

Yeah the fans wanted him at the draft. Honestly would be better than Ridder I think. Why draft Pitts/London though when you don't really pass anyway

I think any QB would benefit from the Falcons skill position players, but I'm torn on whether I believe JF will ever click and 'get it' or not. The way he stares down the Primary and doesn't progress at all is really concerning for a third year QB, but on the other hand, I think the goalposts have been moved a bit by the quality of the polished QB's coming to the league over the past 5-10 years, and he's far from unique in being a year three guy that the game hasn't yet slowed down for. 

If he's showing no signs of progress by the end of this year then I'd take a hard pass on him, but having said that, if he does start to develop I doubt the Bears would bin him off unless they are confident of picking up a better option in the draft and trading him away. I doubt they'd get much in the way of value for him though because it would be an obvious buyers market.

The interesting wildcard is if there is any truth to the rumour that Caleb Williams will forego declaring for the draft if he doesn't like the situation of the teams picking at the top. Again, I can't really see that happening, but we could see an Eli Manning situation all over again with a selection and immediate trade. Fun times.

Just now, Gogs Grog said:

Bears have more problems than JF tbh but he does have issues.

I'm hoping from a Falcons point of view that we have enough draft capital to move up a little to get the 3rd or 4th QB in the draft next year.

Everyone is going nuts over Williams, understandably so given the nature of his splash plays, but Drake Maye also looks like a really good prospect, so it might not be a bad draft at all to be sitting somewhere like #5 or #6 because there are also a lot of really strong prospects at other positions. It's stupid early yet, but a few bloggers and such are already speculating about 2024 being potentially one of the strongest, deepest draft classes ever.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Chase Claypool a healthy Inactive. That's all going to end in tears, probably sooner rather than later.

He's been fairly inactive even when suited up...

Guest DannyBlue

Falcons just couldn't get it going on offence I really think their defence is looking like its taken a decent step forward in how the play. Doesn't show up on the scoreboard when they have to play 33 minutes like today but they shut down Etienne well and if not for the blown coverage in the first half they would have really stifled the Jags. Not that there is much they can do to help win when the other side of the ball gives the opponents as many points as they give you.