Well v Celts

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'm sure that a number of Celtic fans on here have had a go at Rangers fans for invading the pitch when scoring goals against diddy teams. And having a go at the opposition keeper is out of order.

Just asking if anybody knows when the open top bus is booked for beating Motherwell against all the odds 

1 hour ago, Ooooft. said:

Watched this on Motherwell TV today. Much less partisan than Celtic TV but the boy gets awfully excited when Motherwell get within 30 feet of goal.

I had the opposite experience last week, watched most of the Motherwell Rangers game on Rangers TV and when they scored, between the crowd and the commentator, you’d think they’d won a throw in.  

14 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

We’ll come on mate it’s the equivalent of us scoring last minute against Alloa . You know it I know it 

We are constantly told how boring it must be being a Celtic fan and criticised about the lack of celebration when we score at home, today we see a really exciting finish to this game with a 97th minute winner and the fans go tonto and your are told you are over doing it. 

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Obviously gutted by the result and how it unfolded. Strangely happy by the performance. Guess that's the capability you get to win games at the death with the players you have available and the money you can spend. 

Both beat us I know but Rangers and Celtic fans must be capable of being honest enough to admit, by their expectations and standards, that they are both incredibly poor teams at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We are constantly told how boring it must be being a Celtic fan and criticised about the lack of celebration when we score at home, today we see a really exciting finish to this game with a 97th minute winner and the fans go tonto and your are told you are over doing it. 

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I do think some of the “boring” stuff that gets posted on here is OTT and I do agree with you on that point . That said I’m not sure Man City fans would invade the pitch with an injury time winner against Port Vale.

So it kind of feels that Celtic fans have a mindset that they were either playing some pseudo variation of Rangers today or fighting against the Establishment . A lot of very angry fans jumping about on the pitch- I just don’t get it. Probably the 40th time out of the last 50 games at Fir Park that you’ve won 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

So it kind of feels that Celtic fans have a mindset that they were either playing some pseudo variation of Rangers today or fighting against the Establishment .

I thought Hearts were special but it turns out celtic are doing that shtick with other people behind our back 

sluts

9 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I do think some of the “boring” stuff that gets posted on here is OTT and I do agree with you on that point . That said I’m not sure Man City fans would invade the pitch with an injury time winner against Port Vale.

So it kind of feels that Celtic fans have a mindset that they were either playing some pseudo variation of Rangers today or fighting against the Establishment . A lot of very angry fans jumping about on the pitch- I just don’t get it. Probably the 40th time out of the last 50 games at Fir Park that you’ve won 🤷‍♂️

Mate you barely get a rise off Man City fans for winning the Champions League so maybe not the best comparison to use 🤣

But honestly fans don’t really care about that stuff, your team scores a last minute winner you don’t stop to think of the context or finances or any of that. Motherwell fans were jumping on the park at the equaliser, I’ve no Issue with it at all, would have been a big result for them in the context of their season. Too many other things trying to suck the passion out of the game so I’d rather leave fans to celebrate how they wish

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Mate you barely get a rise off Man City fans for winning the Champions League so maybe not the best comparison to use 🤣

But honestly fans don’t really care about that stuff, your team scores a last minute winner you don’t stop to think of the context or finances or any of that. Motherwell fans were jumping on the park at the equaliser, no Issue with it at all. Too many other things trying to suck the passion out of the game.

Fair enough mate I have been going to the fitba since the 80s so no shrinking violet. 

I was just taken aback by the anger in the celebrations , the middle aged lads were the worst. Just my observation.

I was in the pub later with a Celtic supporting mate and we were both laughing at Rangers demise. Softened the blow very very  slightly 👍

A bit of a grind and a few rough tackles from both sides today. Didn't see how we were going to score until Palma got a bit of luck with his cross going in. Motherwell deserved a point but kudos to our players for not panicking and just lumping it up the park. A lovely bit of play to get the win. I went mental celebrating, nothing beats a last minute winner.

7 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Well done lads. It only took 50x the budget to edge past that side.

"Champions".

Much like the advantage rangers had over Aberdeen?

Or we had over Killie when they beat us, or St Johnstone when they got a point at Celtic park??