Well v Celts

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

With all the things against you, I've no idea how you manage to win so many games.

Takes the piss out of Celtic fans being paranoid despite absolutely no one really mentioning it then....

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Absolutely, I'm sure the various officials give you a wee leg up. 

:lol:

Edited by gannonball

Anyway despite out despite our form I would have been nervous about this one a few weeks ago as we haven't been convincing at all under Rodgers but after the way we played last week with 10 men against a manager who seemed to have Rodgers number last time round we seem to have got back to where we should be performance wise. We definitely can still be gotten at defensively though. 

If we had a fit forward worthy of the name I'd have fancied us a bit more tomorrow, as although they have by far the most potent strike force in the league, Celtic's defence is 100% there to be got at. On top of being well drilled and organised, we've been playing some pretty decent stuff lately. Our downfall has been not being able to take our chances when they come. 

The midfield have done admirably with their work in the forward areas and chipped in with a few goals, but with Celtic's strength in the middle, I think they will be more occupied in there,  than rampaging forward. Bair's hold up play has been decent and he is physically a handful, it's just unfortunate he couldn't score in the proverbial barrel of lady gardens. I'm also not totally sold on Wilkinson, even when fully fit.

I can see us yet again making a very good account of ourselves, but our nonexistent goal threat will once again be our ultimate undoing. If I was Ketts I'd just be having a shoot on sight policy in the hope that Bain chucks one in, as he's prone to do.

A valiant 0-2 loss and on to games against our peer clubs with, hopefully, someone who carries a real goal threat in the line up.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Shaw get more minutes. I get the impression he works best with another striker which means sacrificing one of our handsome and wonderful midfielders which probably isn’t going to happen from the start. 

Can see this being a repeat of the last two games. In it all the way, playing some nice stuff but losing by the odd goal because we can’t score.