Dundee v Ross County - Tue 24 Oct - 19:45

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Are Ross County the luckiest or unluckiest team in the country?

I’ve never seen so many players go down holding their heads after losing an aerial battle and thereby requiring the referee to stop play.  Despite this few if any of their players required any further treatment other than the player rubbing his own head.  

Like it say they are either very unlucky to get so many knocks or they are very lucky there weren’t any knocks requiring treatment and a period on the sideline.

I complain about this a lot too, we see many, if not all teams doing this new trick, to try to slow the game down when they come to Victoria Park in Dingwall. It's disappointing if we're doing it on our travels as well, and it's something that really needs to be eradicated from the game.

The ruling was brought in, in good faith, to ensure the safety of players.

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

The logic for stopping play when there's a suspected head knock is that it could be a serious injury. In such a situation, it's only right that a proper assessment be made.

The rules should therefore be updated such that if the referee stops play for a suspected head knock, the player in question has to go off and be assessed, regardless if they received treatment on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I complain about this a lot too, we see many, if not all teams doing this new trick, to try to slow the game down when they come to Victoria Park in Dingwall. It's disappointing if we're doing it on our travels as well, and it's something that really needs to be eradicated from the game.

The ruling was brought in, in good faith, to ensure the safety of players.

It’s definitely a good rule to stop the game for obvious reasons, although I’ve never really noticed it happening so often before.  I possibly only noticed it last night because there wasn’t much else happening on the pitch.

41 minutes ago, The Master said:

The logic for stopping play when there's a suspected head knock is that it could be a serious injury. In such a situation, it's only right that a proper assessment be made.

The rules should therefore be updated such that if the referee stops play for a suspected head knock, the player in question has to go off and be assessed, regardless if they received treatment on the pitch.

Totally agree. The referee has to stop the game unless he's 100% sure that a player us at it, but as you suggest any player where the game is actually stopped should have to be assessed off the pitch. If that was consistently applied it would end fakery overnight.