Bully Wee v Sons (7/10/23)

19 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Is there a limit to how much rain an astro pitch can drain? Because this must be getting close. It's absolutely relentless.

I was wondering that too.

Elgin v Stenny is off, there's a pitch inspection at Bonnyrigg.

58 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Is there a limit to how much rain an astro pitch can drain? Because this must be getting close. It's absolutely relentless.

There's a limit to everything. If you put enough water on any surface, it'll flood.

Bigger concern might be the roads and public transport network. Serious problems with trains. Lots of roads are flooded or getting that way. The pitch might just about be playable, but getting to the game would be a bit of a problem and there's a real doubt if the game would finish.

I wasn’t planning on attending however I think at some point some consideration for the safety of those who will attend needs to be taken into account. 

The roads in Dumbarton and surrounding are horrendous. Motorway will be much the same. It’s not only the condition of them at 3 o’clock you need to think about either. Spectator safety for travelling home at 5 needs to be considered also. If this keeps up till then…it’s a long old swim from Hamilton back to west Dunbartonshire 

32 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

I think we should all met on mass & jemmy the doors open at The Stags head ...

Drink plenty and chat plenty of hero's such like Hugh Stevenson. Toby king and Stuart Mciver...

Announce In (If we can find a way of getting there!)

I’m not sure there will be much of the Stags left at this rate, Glasgow Road is under water. 

I struggled getting home at 8am this morning due to road closures in the local area and things have only got worse since then. You’ve got to imagine the A82 at Milton will be struggling big time. I’m surprised the supporters bus is still running.