Roger Water's DSOTM Redux

btb

20 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

My reaction is "why?"

Part of he and David Gilmour's ongoing feud.

Waters revealed that he was working on a rerecording of The Dark Side of the Moon early in 2023.[5] He insisted that while the other members of Pink Floyd had contributed to the original album, "It's my project and I wrote it ... Let's get rid of all this 'we' crap!"[

3 minutes ago, btb said:

Part of he and David Gilmour's ongoing feud.

He may well have wrote it so if he wants to "revisit" it then fair enough, but Gilmour, Mason and Wright made DSoTM the brilliant album that it is. It wasn't just Waters. The new recordings just sound like a really bad cover band.

Listened to a few more of the pre-released tracks today, it's kinda like Rog is going for a Tom Waits vibe.

I kinda like the new version of Time but then again I like the Wyclef Jean version of WYWH.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Why the f**k is this c**t narrating all the instrumental parts?

Replacing Speak To Me with a spoken rendition of Free Four from the Obscured By Clouds elpee - interesting!

Abandoning the female vocals on The Great Gig In The Sky (Clare Torry) was brave/perverse.

Quite liked the Redux version but I imagine Rog will be sticking pins into his Dave Gilmour voodoo doll tonight.

Looking forward to WYWH:Redux in 2025 already...

Edited by btb

Had a couple of listens now and I like it.

Would have been easy for him to get a guitarist etc to faithfully reproduce DSOTM but what would be the point? Doesn't need the money or the adulation. 

Waters is on record stating how much he loves the guitar parts on all work he done with Gilmour so I can't see the lack of any signature guitar parts of the original being just a f**k you to him, more a conscious decision that as soon as he does its just becomes a "cover" of his own album. He has been touring regularly with superb musicians one of which Dave Kilminster pretty much faithfully reproduces Gilmour in the hits if that's what you are after.

Enjoy it for what it is or don’t. I doubt he really gives a f**k either way at this point in his life.

Thumbs up from me.

21 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Nope, will not be giving this Putin adoring, anti semetic arsehole a penny more even though Pink Floyd are my favourite band of all time. He needs to take a look at the politics of the scum who killed his dad.

He wasn't even the best singer in Pink Floyd. Gilmour and Wright had better voices IMO.