Edinburgh derby: big physical Hearts v Hibs diving team

7 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

Does the Hibs shop still do free tetanus shots for those returning from Gorgie or should I procure my own?

I'm thinking your ongoing problems with clostridium tetani is more down to your location. 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Big physical hearts…have I been watching a different team?

Cheating b*****d gunts by the amount of diving the new Aussie flop done in the League Cup game last week imo.   Now that refs have worked you boys out and its not "penalty to...." 

On 01/10/2023 at 17:32, StellarHibee said:

Hopefully VAR does it's job and protects our stars from these anti-football charlatans. Hearts fans rambling on about any perceived simulation from other teams players is top banter though. 

topbanter.png

Anti-football did you say?

I hope we bin 3 at the back, Hibs are good up top and don't want to have the wing back areas exposed by Youan and Boyle. It also leaves us with less width in an attacking sense.

Hibs are still awful at the back so we'll get chances. A lot will come down to who controls the middle of the park. Nieuwenhof has looked good the last couple of games and Devlin should be back. Wonder if they'll be tempted to put Beni in.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

I hope we bin 3 at the back, Hibs are good up top and don't want to have the wing back areas exposed by Youan and Boyle. It also leaves us with less width in an attacking sense.

Hibs are still awful at the back so we'll get chances. A lot will come down to who controls the middle of the park. Nieuwenhof has looked good the last couple of games and Devlin should be back. Wonder if they'll be tempted to put Beni in.

Was reading that Hibs have scored against everyone bar Villa this season. Am glad the counterbalance to that is that they're still playing the likes of Fish and Hanlon in defence. Not sure I'd trust Rowles to deal with either of yon dive-rife wingers, should they stay on their feet.

Edited by Crùbag

3 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Was reading that Hibs have scored against everyone bar Villa this season. Am glad the counterbalance to that is that they're still playing the likes of Fish and Hanlon in defence. Not sure I'd trust Rowles to deal with either of yon dive-rife wingers, should they stay on their feet.

& Dundee but that was likely cause the tynecastle fear set in a week early👍

14 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Very measured as always TW. -  Nieuwenhof looked a diving wee b*****d against Killie though, just fell down all the time and no end product.  No doubt he will turn into prime Paul Scholes come Saturday. 

20 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Your chances may come down the wings, as we struggle to stop crosses............then struggle to defend at CH (ffs !).

New manager has us set up far better overall, but theres little he can do about the defence til January.

Theres some Hibs fans who think he might change by adding a body to midfield and go one up front, but I am not sure if thats the best idea on a smaller pitch. 

I dont have a ticket for this one, really hate watching a derby on the telly. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I dont have a ticket for this one, really hate watching a derby on the telly. 

It's not on the telly, so you don't have to.

With the officials they've chosen, probably for the best.

It's obvious what's going to happen here. We're going to be all over the Hearts goal and do everything right with the exception of getting the ball over the line (which sometimes doesn't count against Hearts anyway). Then there will be the inevitable defensive comedy moment resulting in the ultimate sucker punch and Hearts will win the game 1-0 with their only attack in the game.