FM24

ajwffc

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Given they put out a release a while back saying all efforts were going into FM25 I don't know why anyone would buy this.

I'll just be playing it off GamePass Ultimate personally. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Given they put out a release a while back saying all efforts were going into FM25 I don't know why anyone would buy this.

That was a weird thing for them to be so open about, not the best marketing strategy.

Think* I'll be giving this one a miss as well - until it goes on sale very cheap and if I happen to be 'done' with my FM23 save.

*99% chance I buy it at 11pm on the 5th.

On 04/10/2023 at 11:26, Richey Edwards said:

I am deep into some saves on FM23 so will just stick with that thank you.

I'm in the year 2062 on FM19 and not looking to leave my bubble yet.

21 hours ago, LiviLion said:

That was a weird thing for them to be so open about, not the best marketing strategy.

I guess they tried marketing it as "last ever in the series as you know it" but I don't think enough people give a f**k tbh.

Edited by RawB93

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, CM. said:

Anyone up and running yet? Started a save unemployed just to have a look through everything initially and Hibs have signed a bunch of ancient free agents including Adil Rami, Papiss Cisse and Phil Jagielka

I’m waiting to see how the reviews go first. Wasn’t really impressed with FM23 and hardly played it. 

They've made quite a number of improvements from 23. Thought it was going to be a bit of a placeholder as they're moving to a new match engine next year but they've done enough to make it worth buying. 

Overhauling the set pieces is overdue by about 10 years. They've been more or less the exact same since I started playing FM in about 2005. 

The new positions and movement of players within the tactics seems to have been done quite well but I'd imagine there'll be a couple of tactics that will break the game.

I always buy it cause it’s only £40, I usually only get a couple of nights per week where I’ve time to sit about and do f**k all and Football Manager is a great way of doing so, I don’t have an Xbox/PS4/5 or whatever it is now so it’s not a huge outlay.

Set up a game with East Fife for the Beta because I’m probably quite ignorant about their team and small details being incorrect doesn’t bother me as much, e.g. if I started at Hibs I would notice they’ve got Le Fondre on £15k per week and Kanayo Megwa’s loan to Airdrie has been missed.

Looks pretty decent so far, match engine you can see has improved, the targets feature seems quite decent, Brian Easton had been rotten until I told him he needed an average rating of 7.0 or he’s dropped and he’s stepped it up a level.

Only 4 games in but seems good, will get a proper run at it on Sunday unless I’m too hungover to function.

Will start my usual Hibs and Scotland long term saves once the full game is out and see what else takes my fancy.

23 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

I always buy it cause it’s only £40, I usually only get a couple of nights per week where I’ve time to sit about and do f**k all and Football Manager is a great way of doing so, I don’t have an Xbox/PS4/5 or whatever it is now so it’s not a huge outlay.

Set up a game with East Fife for the Beta because I’m probably quite ignorant about their team and small details being incorrect doesn’t bother me as much, e.g. if I started at Hibs I would notice they’ve got Le Fondre on £15k per week and Kanayo Megwa’s loan to Airdrie has been missed.

Looks pretty decent so far, match engine you can see has improved, the targets feature seems quite decent, Brian Easton had been rotten until I told him he needed an average rating of 7.0 or he’s dropped and he’s stepped it up a level.

Only 4 games in but seems good, will get a proper run at it on Sunday unless I’m too hungover to function.

Will start my usual Hibs and Scotland long term saves once the full game is out and see what else takes my fancy.

Start the Scotland one now and let me know if they've finally increased the maximum squad sizes from 23. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

image.thumb.jpg.e58f9104e0559409cdea992bbb9ea246.jpg

😕

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, this smiley also applies to the selection of Ryan Gauld

That Scotsabroad boy on twitter will probably be using this as evidence he should be included soon enough.

Theres a boy on here who does/did some work for SI, maybe @SGMilne? Give him a shout with things that have been missed and they might get sorted for full release? 

Tbh I hadn't been aware of this squad size issue. I can report that.

It's been a fast turnaround this year so while it'll never be perfect, we hope we've done a good job.

Feedback is always welcome. How we rate players is - within reasonable guidelines - subjective, so it might be that there might be disagreement on stuff, but any actual errors, let me know.

We're aware of a few small ones, such as...

Adam Le Fondre not having a wage set so the game is giving him £15k p/w

Dundee not at the Gardyne Campus for training

A few smaller transfers of young players out of Hibs and St. Johnstone.