FM24

ajwffc

15 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I actually enjoy managing in South Africa - I've had success there in recent FMs - but, by God, the quality is such a step down having recently been in Japan.

Do you prefer 23 or 24?

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Do you prefer 23 or 24?

I honestly don't see a massive difference in gameplay from one to the other.

The new introductions, such as set piece coaching & more fine-tuning permitted there isn't something I've personally used.

From this save's point of view, this is the first time the J-Leagues have been included, so that's obviously pretty huge.

On 11/02/2024 at 21:22, Tartan Dave said:

community notes pour a wee bit of cold water on the theory but felt it was worth sharing

This does work in the game for any club. I managed to sign Armstrong and Watson from Killie using the above scenario. :lol: 

How on earth have SI not noticed this game breaking bug. 

• 1 month later...

Found it difficult to really get into anything on this in the last wee while so tried something a bit different and holidayed a season with the aim of checking league tables and taking over a side that underachieved or even got relegated and was met by this.

image.png.e3b26989cea6f7ae0d389e776929c339.png

This could be a fun rebuild with plenty of sellable assets who'll no doubt want out the door.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2024 at 09:32, CM. said:

Found it difficult to really get into anything on this in the last wee while so tried something a bit different and holidayed a season with the aim of checking league tables and taking over a side that underachieved or even got relegated and was met by this.

image.png.e3b26989cea6f7ae0d389e776929c339.png

This could be a fun rebuild with plenty of sellable assets who'll no doubt want out the door.

That's what I do all the time now, tbh. Sim a season then pick a club.

Been using the "realism mod" - https://www.fmscout.com/a-increase-realism-megapack-fm24.html - too which actually works really well. 

Ended up going Chelsea as I wanted to see how hard the EPL was with the mod and they had finished 7th. And it's rock solid. Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man City, make incredibly good signings but also actually use them well. City won the league in the simmed season only losing 3 games, then Liverpool done the same in season 2.

Finances are harder too so Chelsea are fucked with their debt/wages. Had to cull the entire squad and replace with folk costing less than £20m and £100kp/w.

I'm trying to give the San Marino challenge a go.  Took over the National Team immediately hoping I can scam some early success and came up against Kazakhstan 1-0 down with the usual absolute hiding on the cards, but managed to sneak an equaliser.  88th minute, we get a penalty, score it, and go into stoppage time set up to win our first match in 20 years, possibly the first competitive win ever.  In the 95th minute, with 4 supposed to be added on, they stroke home an equaliser.  In the 98th minute (again, with 4 supposed to be added on) they give away another penalty.  The useless sack of shit goes onto miss his second penalty and choke the chance of a competitive win.  f**k sake.

• 2 weeks later...

Fell away from this big style over the last few months, despite really enjoying my previous Champions Leagues hunt.

Started a new save earlier, to see if it has any legs. Essentially a European journeyman save, avoiding the top leagues for as long as I can bear it. Would be delighted to pick up a few titles and cups in the likes of Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and even the likes of Belgium, Portugal, Greece etc. before looking to take on jobs at the "big clubs".

Started unemployed, with no coaching badges or footballing pedigree. First stop? Standard Liege B...

• 1 month later...

Today I bought Fm24.

I'd been playing 21 until yesterday when I had enough. I had been playing a San Marino save, trying to simply qualify for a tournament. I'd also put in a San Marino Calcio in Serie D and brought them up the leagues in an effort to aid my ambition.

Got the club into Conference league couple times after about 7 or 8 seasons and bringing through some decent youth players. However, Italy have constantly picked up some of the better ones and not played them. I've had an 18 year old with 8 caps that's been lured by them ffs and won't move back. Fcing depressing.

Had managed to get the national team promoted to Nations League 3 just before I had enough too, including a 9-1 battering of Montenegro who we've had run ins with before. Also in the previous euro qualifiers snatched a 0 0 draw with Portugal and stopped avoiding any complete humpings  but still a million miles away from being competitive to qualify. Got them up to about 130 in the world which is a joke as we were better than many sides above us. Probably looking at being 100th in real terms. 

Anyway got fed up with the Italians ruining it and bought 24. I'm amazed that it actually runs smoother than 21 on my laptop. 

Started a Pars save and really like it. Simple 442 approach is providing some great high scoring games, or it's just how this year's game is?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I downloaded this on Game Pass, it’s been quite enjoyable.  I have managed to pick up all the achievements apart from one.  “Like Clockwork - Your squad has attained the Well Oiled Machine status.”

Does anyone know what this actually entails?  To try and get this I’ve went Man City and basically just about steam roller everyone.  I’ve pissed about with the mindsets, having 6 of each one in the squad.  I’ve won 10 in a row, everyone is just about devoted but for whatever reason this doesn’t pop.  Can anyone enlighten me?

4 hours ago, Loki said:

I downloaded this on Game Pass, it’s been quite enjoyable.  I have managed to pick up all the achievements apart from one.  “Like Clockwork - Your squad has attained the Well Oiled Machine status.”

Does anyone know what this actually entails?  To try and get this I’ve went Man City and basically just about steam roller everyone.  I’ve pissed about with the mindsets, having 6 of each one in the squad.  I’ve won 10 in a row, everyone is just about devoted but for whatever reason this doesn’t pop.  Can anyone enlighten me?

i think you need a squad with an equal mix of  the 4 different personality types (leader, relaxed, hard worker and thinker)

6 hours ago, ajwffc said:

i think you need a squad with an equal mix of  the 4 different personality types (leader, relaxed, hard worker and thinker)

Yeah I had that, but couldn’t get it to work.  I hadn’t realised that each hierarchy type was a larger value. So you have to mix and match them so each segment is about a quarter.

I just kept swapping players in and out of the reserves until I got the four slices about the same size.  So with 5, 5, 4 and 6 it popped the achievement, but all segments are about a quarter.

Took Dover to the Championship and our squad is well below the required level but despite having a £2m wage budget, it's the lowest in the league by a considerable distance so to be 1-4 up away to Watford and blow it in the last 10 minutes is absolutely soul destroying.

Untitled.png

Wages.png

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Took Dover to the Championship and our squad is well below the required level but despite having a £2m wage budget, it's the lowest in the league by a considerable distance so to be 1-4 up away to Watford and blow it in the last 10 minutes is absolutely soul destroying.

Untitled.png

Wages.png

What would you recommend as good plug in and play tactics/formations for non league teams please mate!? 

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Girth said:

What would you recommend as good plug in and play tactics/formations for non league teams please mate!? 

Thank you. 

Can't go wrong with the 'Gengen Press' in a 4-2-3-1 wide formation.

I've played with some pretty mental formations in this save but that's by far the best pre-set and then I just tinker with the 'roles' and had the best luck with this:

Shadow striker is best for AMC in my experience and having one wing back attacking. The midfield I tinker with all the time to suit the midfielders though.

My best advice is to hire the best scouts with the highest judging ability/potential you can find and same with your assistant then slog through the first season and release the squad and then scour the free market - usually fairly easy to build a team at that point that'll at least see you fighting for the play-offs if not winning the league when slotting them into a Gengen Press.

Untitled.png

On 04/02/2024 at 14:45, Navallion said:

Can still confirm the mobile version is utter pants still. Nothing has changed and is as boring as usual.

I loved a couple of the older ones - but can't get into this one.